thirteen

i finish my hot, exhilarating shower. it was relaxing and almost cathartic. it made me forget about all of my problems for the moment. i just didn't want to overthink and stress myself out too much.

with jack sleeping with his ex girlfriend and then telling me he likes me to me telling chanel that liam and i are dating. i made things even messier by saying that, but what else would i have said?

i turn off the running water and step out of my shower. wrapping a towel around my body, i wrap one in my hair as well while i search for a blowdryer. i hate having wet hair because it makes the back of my shirt all wet and uncomfortable.

"naomi." jack calls out.

"yes?"

"need clothing?"

i mentally roll my eyes at his question, "obviously."

i brush out all of the tangles in my hair as jack gets me something to wear. in the middle of the night, jack entered the room i was in and laid beside me. i didn't protest, but that doesn't mean that i'm not still very confused about his confession.

that came out of nowhere. i knew he was possessive and overprotective of me, but i didn't know that it was because he liked me. or felt something toward me. a mobster liking you is definitely not easy to register.

jack suddenly returns, holding a shirt up for me to me. he thins his lips, seeing if it's a reasonable and appropriate length. he had no problem with short shirts before.

"this was the longest shirt i could find." he informs me.

"considering it goes mid thigh on you, it'll probably go all the way to my knees." i crack a smile, grabbing the shirt from him. "thank you."

he nods, "no problem. i'll wait out there for you."

then, i'm left alone once again. i drop my towel to the floor and pull the shirt over my head. something feels like it's missing, but just as i'm about to figure it out, an underwear comes flying into the bathroom.

"i'll have someone go out and buy you clothes later today." jack tells me.

my eyes are still wide, "jack, that almost hit me in the face."

he laughs loudly, "those were the first pair of panties i saw you wear. so, i was nice and washed them for you."

"what a gentleman." i mock, pulling them up my long legs.

jack's head pokes inside of the bathroom, "ready to go eat breakfast?"

"i'm looking for a blowdryer."

"i don't have one." he replies.

"then i am ready." i respond, not bothering to pick the towel up from the floor.

jack scratches the back of his neck, leading me down the stairs. everything feels as usual, but jack seems tense and uneasy. maybe it because i haven't responded how i feel about him back?

"i think i'm going to send johnson and wilk to buy your clothes later."

"or you could let me go shopping?" i smirk, trying to persuade him into letting me at least go outside.