05

Walking down the street reading a newspaper, Minnie sighed. The city was in a right mess. The clean-up job was going to take weeks, and obviously cost hundreds, if not thousands. Her eyes skimmed over the reports of the damage, and what may be saved or what may as well be started from scratch. It seemed that most of the tall apartment buildings were close to rubble so those were getting torn down, or what remained was getting torn down.

There was so much destruction, Minnie was a little ignorant to how much damage had actually fallen on the city. Her mind was on one thing, and that was hiding. Turning the corner slowly she looked over the photographs which went with the reports. It was unbearable. So many people had lost their homes and their livelihoods, not to mention their lives. Minnie dreaded to think about how many people may have been injured or killed during that attack.

Her heart sunk even more when the thought of some of those people being just children. Minnie didn't have a family, she didn't exactly have friends. But the mere thought of having everything plucked away by the hands of those attacking Decepticons was enough to make her want to cry. Looking up at the sky, she frowned lightly. Optimus had said about hope, but really was hope enough to get people through that?

Minnie couldn't think of what may have happened if she didn't get rescued. Her mind flashed to those who she was in the park with. "I should have died too." She mumbled to herself, if she wasn't suspicious as to why everyone was even there, then she'd surely not be standing here today.

"Is that a hint?" A smug voice questioned from somewhere behind her.

Turning sharply she looked around. The rather good thing – if it could be considered good – was that Jasper wasn't exactly overpopulated. There weren't many people walking the streets, and those who were, weren't paying any mind to her. Taking a step back, she turned and frowned. There definitely wasn't a red car parked in front of her when she was walking. Taking another step back she smiled sheepishly, her smile slipped as the car moved forward as she stepped back. Turning, Minnie walked quickly down the street back the way she came. She seriously tried to ignore the fact that she was being stalked by a car.

The annoying part was that it had cut her off from the base. Minnie's eyes skimmed over the buildings she passed. She couldn't go in there, she'd stay and wait for the car to move on, but something in her gut told her the likelihood of that happening was slim to none. Being naturally new to this place, Minnie didn't exactly know where she was going. She was mentally kicking herself though when the buildings thinned out as well as the road. She couldn't help but flinch as the engine behind her revved.

"So, what's a lost little human like you, doing in a desert like this?" Looking down, Minnie's eyes narrowed. Seeing as how there was no driver she let out a shaky breath. "Not answering a question is rude, just to let you know."

"I...I'm exploring...?"

"You're not sure? Oh well, that's not very good is it?"

"I guess not..." Minnie said while stopping and turning and walking back towards the town. She stopped though when she noticed she had walked quite a way, that and the sounds of clicking and metal grinding together made her freeze. Turning slowly she looked at the ground. Eyeing up black feet, she slowly lifted her head. Red paint of what was the body of the car now formed parts of the robotic body. Minnie's eyes widened, hitching her breath her shock just seemed to make him smirk.

"Well done to Starscream, his observational skills were right this time." Minnie watched as he seemed to have a conversation with himself. "A new human in the Autobot camp." He leaned down. A disgruntled look on his face as he eyed her up and down. "You seem a bit slower than the others. Usually by now they'd be running, or shouting. Not just standing there frozen." There was a pause only for the smirk to grow into a full on grin. "Are you afraid?" Minnie was going to answer but he beat her to it. "Do not get me wrong, you humans are an interesting lot, but I honestly don't see the need to keep you close, unlike your friends." A hand got rolled casually in her direction. "I am quite the fan of demobilising, it's a very interesting way to learn. Perhaps if I demobilise you, I would learn the answer to my question." He seemed very up for this. Even though the one way conversation didn't seem to bother him anymore, he seemed pleased with his train of thought and the direction which it was going.