07

Admittedly, that wasn't the first time that Minnie had fallen asleep using Optimus's passenger seat as her bed. The nightmares didn't seem to let off, and being on her own bought very little comfort. Oddly enough there was a rather parental feeling which surrounded Optimus. Minnie couldn't really put her finger on it. There was just something calming and comforting about his presence. Minnie's family were a mystery to herself, so the small company of Autobots had become her adoptive family, along with of course Jack, Miko and Raf.

"We never get to go along, it's always: it's too dangerous! You could get hurt! Blah," Miko shuffled around waving her arms in the air.

Jack and Minnie watched her as Raf sat typing quickly away on his laptop. "You should be used to this." Jack stated, only his words seemed to get lost on Miko as she was still complaining.

"What do you all usually do on the weekend?" Minnie asked while leaning against her knees. Herself and Jack were sitting on the stairs, Raf was upstairs sitting on the sofa still typing.

"Apart from come here?"

"Yes," Minnie laughed. She figured any spare time these kids had, they came here. She didn't need Jack to vocalise this.

"Avoid doing homework, I guess..."

Minnie scrunched her nose up. "Good thinking." She couldn't help but grin though. She didn't blame him for avoiding that horrendous task. That didn't sound fun, or a good way to spend the weekend.

"Can you please be quiet? It's becoming increasingly hard to think!" Both Jack and Minnie winced at Ratchet's complaining. Yes, while everyone else was out, it seemed Ratchet was on human minding duty. He made it rather clear that he didn't exactly like this task. Minnie was sure he wouldn't mind if they were all silent. But one of them was still ranting and stomping around. The two oldest here watched as Miko started to bug Ratchet, the poor medic frowned and sighed heavily and tried his very hardest to shoo her away.

Minnie jumped down and joined her side. "Move away from the grouchy medic." Minnie whispered, placing her hands on Miko's shoulders and trying in vain to move the girl.

"Grouchy?!" Ratchet clearly heard her. Minnie's shoulders tensed as she smiled sheepishly up at him. "Would you not become a little grouchy too if you had to put up with all this noise?"

"Erm, hello, Ratchet!" Miko exclaimed and waved a hand up at him. "I'm just voicing my opinions, there's nothing against free speech on Earth, ya know?"

"Perhaps there should be something about free speech and where you can voice your opinions." Ratchet said thoughtfully.

Miko pouted and narrowed her eyes up at him. Minnie shook her head slowly. "Why don't we go out?" She smiled at the smaller Japanese girl by her side. "That way, Ratchet can get peace and we can get fresh air. How does that sound?"

"Yes! I like that plan!" Miko cheered and jumped in the air happily.

Ratchet rubbed his chin in thought. "I don't know about that..." Minnie and Miko looked up at him. "The last time you were out you were almost attacked by Knock Out." He reminded Minnie, who didn't look very happy about the reminder.

"You can come with if you want, Ratchet." Miko smiled and rocked on her heels.

Ratchet's head shook. "Oh, I cannot do that. Someone's got to bridge everyone back to the base." He pointed out obviously.

"That's that settled then! See ya later, Ratchet!" Miko exclaimed and darted off while pulling Minnie with her.

——