13

Minnie had disappeared shortly after her examination. Her sudden disappearance could have stemmed from the fact that the others had appeared. Sure, showing a small number what she really was was manageable. But showing everyone else? Clearly that was too much because she had quickly scampered off.

Optimus had found her sitting on the rocky surface which was a part of the bases rooftop. She was rolling her hands and wriggling her fingers. As quietly as possible, which naturally didn't come easily considering, he sat down beside her. "Shockwave explained a pretty blunt origin story." Minnie said, "It explains a lot though...I guess..."

"You are confused."

"Just a bit." Minnie fidgeted. "No matter what happened, I took solace in knowing who I was, what am I doing and so forth." She sighed. "But now, I don't really know who I am, or what I am doing." Minnie's shoulders sagged. So perhaps her confidence and acceptance weren't as present as Optimus first thought.

"That is a part of life, Minnie. You grow up not knowing who you really are, or what it is you are here to do. But, you live doing what you think is the right thing."

"I don't think that amounts to much considering my life on Earth was a lie." She said cynically. She couldn't help it, she honestly couldn't, but it was the truth. She was a dormant spy, waiting to be activated and used in foul means.

"Lie or not, you lived as a human. In part you still are." Minnie didn't look bought on his words. Optimus sighed, trying to make someone feel better was hard. Especially when that person kept countering his words.

"So, I continue living like I've been living, and ignore the fact that I am actually a Cybertronian, let alone Decepticon weapon?"

"Yes."

"Well that doesn't sound so hard." Minnie laughed a little sarcastically. The two were silent then, Minnie stood and stretched. Giving a yawn she patted her pockets and waved her arms by her side. "Say, Optimus, you will always be here, right? Obviously I will have questions which I'll need answering, you'll help if you can, right?"

"Yes. I made a silent vow long ago to protect the weak and innocent and to protect Earth. I think I'd be failing in this vow if I didn't help you."

"Thank you!" Minnie beamed. "So like, Cybertron...nice place was it?" She grinned as the two started to walk back into the base.

Optimus shook his head, of course the questions would start immediately. That was the type of person she was. "Yes, it was."

"Bet it's like something from Star Wars."

"I am unfamiliar with this."

Minnie looked up at him slowly. "Never mind then!" She smiled as she walked through the large door which lead back down into the base.

——

Sleep had become even more of a task than normal. Dreams were still a highly unpleasant thing which Minnie, no matter how hard she tried, tried to let them be and not let them affect her. Being surrounded in darkness, Minnie struggled against what felt like water. It was pitch black, she had no clue if she was in water or just struggling against nothingness. A light appeared, so bright it almost blinded her. It hovered, and for a split second the feeling of the current pushing against her relented. But this light soon moved on, it flew above her head and the current pushed harshly back against her.

The feeling of drowning overcame her again, she stretched out trying to reach for the light. The light had stopped the current, it had given her peace, and now it was purposely, almost tauntingly moving away from her. The darkness seeped upwards ever more, never stopping as she reached and continued to stretch for the light. Just when the darkness had all but covered her, she was enveloped in the light. She had never felt so carefree and at peace in all her life. Nothing mattered, she felt no fear, no worry, just peace. Frowning at the sound of a whispering voice, Minnie looked around. There was nothing here. Looking up at the sight of bright red optics, she fought against the light. This had gone from peaceful, to suffocating.