08

Sighing and looking to the horizon, Optimus looked quickly to Smokescreen. The excitable young bot stood by his side practically jumping on the spot. Before Jack, Miko and Raf had arrived, and while Minnie was still half asleep and not taking too kindly to being turfed out of her sleeping position in the passenger seat, Optimus had sent her back to her temporary room and walked down to the main base of operations.

There had been blips on the radar. Blips of the energon kind. Optimus knew full well that the likelihood of some of the blips being false leads and most likely a trap, was high. Regardless how could he ignore this? Eyeing up the Decepticon drones he looked back to Smokescreen. Optimus couldn't fault him on his enthusiasm, it was endearing to some extent. But Smokescreen really needed to calm down when out on the field. There were two drones acting as guards whereas a small line exited the small cave carrying the precious glowing substance the two Autobots were here to collect.

Exchanging a look they both charged forwards weapons raised. The guards were easily shot down and the first drone at the front of the line dropped the energon and charged forwards to meet them. The others naturally followed suit. Dodging blasts from canons the two Autobots managed to dispatch most of the drones. "Optimus!" Smokescreen called out to him as he jumped away from two drones, Optimus followed the quick point he gave.

Knock Out stood looking a little flustered. He gave a smile, dropped the energon he was clutching onto and easily raised his chosen weapon, in return Optimus raised his blaster to counter the saw and drill which Knock Out was aiming his way. "I get the feeling you're not in a cheery mood." Knock Out said comically. "How's your new friend doing? She sure can run!" Knock Out's words did little but annoy Optimus. Bringing out his blade, Optimus held it up and narrowed his eyes at Knock Out. As he charged forwards again, he didn't slow his pace until a ground bridge appeared behind him. "See you soon," Knock Out said casually, Optimus was close enough to lift his blade up and swipe it across Knock Out's chest. Naturally the red bot shouted about a ruined paint job, he was way too superficial.

"Optimus?" Smokescreen's voice called out quietly.

Optimus didn't realise he was standing glaring at the spot where Knock Out was last standing. Standing straight he turned and looked at the energon which had been left behind. "Ratchet, we need a bridge." He said while communicating to the medic through the link which always stayed frequently used and open.

——

Knock Out and Starscream exchanged a concerned look, yet both flinched when their leader slammed his fists down on the table. It was safe to say that Megatron was angry. "How is it you fail the simple task of capturing the meat bag and then fail to even harm Optimus just a little bit?" Megatron asked heatedly while red optics narrowed in Knock Out's direction.

"Ah, my Lord, you see-"

"Save the excuses, Knock Out! You're becoming as bad as Starscream." Megatron stood and turned from the two Decepticons in front of him.

"But, Master!" Starscream exclaimed a little pathetically.

Megatron just shot him a look, whatever else he was going to say, he may as well not. He certainly didn't want to listen to Starscream. "Well?" Megatron said shortly.

"Ah, my Lord, although the bug interrupted my previous mission, may I just tell you that your enemy is a little flustered." Knock Out explained tentatively, using the mocking nickname which everyone seemingly had for Bumblebee.

"Flustered?" Megatron repeated and a slow smile appeared on his face. "Go on, Knock Out. Maybe your excuse won't be as bad as one of Starscream's."

"My Lord, for the bug to have interrupted me I think I can say that their base is likely to be nearby. I must also say, that when speaking of the human with Optimus present results in rash tactical moves."