09

Standing up, Optimus looked puzzled. He was relatively sure his plan would work, clearly it had failed. Turning slowly he stopped, moving forwards as quietly as he could he slowly knelt. Reaching out, he gently pulled a thick cable out of the way. He'd seen an arm, and the arm was attached to a body, and the body was that of Minnie.

She was curled up fast asleep amongst the left over leads and cables which were used throughout the base. For some unknown reason they'd found their way into his room, shoved into a corner tucked away from sight. If Minnie's arm wasn't visible, Optimus would have missed her. Pulling at another cable he stopped when he noticed she was awkwardly wrapped up in it. Reaching out with a digit he nudged her. She swayed from the motion, yet mumbled quietly. It seemed this action had results. Repeating the action again, he watched as Minnie yawned quietly and stretched.

"Morning so soon?"

"No," Optimus answered rather amused that she thought it was time to get up. On most times he did act the part of her alarm clock, it was an odd role to be landed in.

Rubbing her eyes she tried to sit up, but the leads just decided to stop her from achieving this. It was clear that she was still half asleep. "What's the time?"

"Midnight."

"Why am I awake?"

"Because Agent Fowler told us you had gone missing."

"Well he made it sound like something bad had happened to you and Smokescreen!" She exclaimed and wriggled out from the clutches of the cables. Standing cross armed she looked up at him.

"Well I guess it is safe to say you are both at fault here."

"What?"

"Agent Fowler is at fault for wording a sentence wrong, and you're at fault for making him worry."

"I should apologise."

"In the morning, I do believe he's left." Optimus stood up and looked down at the human beside him.

"Did you get whatever it was you were searching for?"

"Yes," Optimus answered, Minnie nodded slowly and seemed to have the expression of expecting more of an answer. Leaning down he held his hand out, Minnie carefully climbed up. Wobbling she looked around confused when she was placed on his shoulder. "Hold on." Minnie did as she was asked.

Looking down she blinked slowly. "It's a good thing I don't suffer from vertigo." She commented with a light laugh. The floor from on Optimus's shoulder was a very long way down.

The safe where the energon was stored still had Bumblebee loitering around. It seemed he was taking great pleasure out of stacking the cubes correctly. He buzzed and looked unamused when Optimus had reached down and picked up one of the glowing cubes. Tentatively reaching out Minnie placed her hands against it. The icy blue cube seemed to feel as cool as it looked. The substance within bubbled gently at her touching it. Removing her hands she gripped back onto Optimus.

"That is your batteries?" She smiled, remembering what she had first tried to describe energon as.

"Yes, this is energon. It is the substance which fuels all Cybertronian life. Without it, we will all surely perish." Optimus gave the cube back to the scout, who then happily put it back on the right stack. He was sugar coating it slightly, there was no 'surely' when it came to the matters of energon. Either they had it or not, life without it wouldn't be very long.

Minnie gave a yawn, Optimus opted not to tell her about his run in with Knock Out, walking back down the corridor the two passed Ratchet. The medic seemed a little flustered from obviously rushing around trying to find Minnie. Upon seeing them he smiled lightly and shuffled off to his room. Seeing as how she had been found, there was no real reason for him to stay up any longer.