Truth and Lies

<-------------------------------------------------------------- Vote because it's in Draco's Pov!!! 

Draco's Point Of View:

I was stood in the Great Hall. Standing around me was every person I had ever met. My father stood to my right, his hand resting on my shoulder and on my left was Voldemort, his body mirroring my father's. They both surveyed me with their dead, empty eyes.

"I can make bad things happen to people who hurt me." Voldemort said and he raised his hand. I watched as certain people around the room dropped to the floor. I felt satisfaction burn inside of me as I saw the dead bodies of Weasley, Potter and Dumbledore. They lay unmoving and then the screams started as the other people in the room noticed what was happening. Slowly more people began to fall until The Dark Lord lowered his hands.

Then my father spoke. "Draco, remember we never join sides with muggles." He hissed. Guilt ate away at the inside of me as I looked up at my father.

"Of course, sir." I replied. He smiled at me as he waved his hand around the room. More people fell. McGonagall, Katie Bell and more joined their allies on the floor. I laughed as they collapsed one by one. Joining my father and the Dark Lord in their enjoyment of watching the pain inflicted on those that tried to stop us.

Eventually every person had collapsed, except one. She stood in the middle of the Hall. Her bushy hair billowed over one shoulder and her brown eyes shook as she took in the scene around her. I saw the first year streak down her cheek and I wanted nothing more than to take her into my arms and hold her gently and promise her that I would do nothing to hurt her.

But for some reason, I wanted to hurt her. I wanted to kill her and with Voldemort and my father by my side, I raised my wand and pointed it at her.

She was crying properly now, her eyes red and tears falling every second as she stared at me.

"Drake." She whispered. It was just my name, my nickname, but the way she said it made my heart turn cold. It made me feel as if any hope left for me not turning out like those that stood beside me was gone. She shook slightly before she straightened up and brushed the tears from her eyes. "Go on, do it." I took a deep breath and raised my arm again from where it had dropped to.

I couldn't do it.

Running forwards I kissed her on the forehead and she clutched me happily as the tears flowed easily.

"We don't associate with mudbloods." My father said his voice void of all emotion. I whirled around to face him but I was too slow. There was a flash of black and I was on the floor, writing in agony. I screamed for help and then, as I felt my life slipping away from me, I yelled for Hermione to forgive me.

To my surprise she shook her head. Then she started to grow, her hair turned black as it tumbled over her shoulder. She grew taller and I blinked.

My aunt stood before me. She laughed manically at my bruised form lying on the floor before me.

"You filthy mudblood-lover!" She screeched angrily and this time it was her who cast the spell. I felt the pain blossom inside of me as I trembled in pain. The last thing I saw before my eyes shut was Hermione's body laying a few bodies away from me, she had died and I never noticed. She thought I had betrayed her.

I felt something heavy pressing down on top of me and I groaned, shaking away the final bit of sleep that held me. It had all been a dream, thank Merlin. They were all still alive, as was I, and Hermione still believed I was on her side.

I let my eyes open and I discovered that the thing on top of me wasn't a thing at all, but Hermione. She stared at me, her eyes huge and she looked embarrassed with the position she was in. I sat up suddenly and Hermione let out a squeak as she turned in my lap. Without realising I had almost hurt her.