Lonely

I groaned loudly as I clutched my pounding head. What had happened last night? All I could remember was Draco and Goyle, arriving at the party and dancing with Seamus.

Slowly pushing myself up so that I was sat upright, I took in my surroundings. How had I gotten in the Gryffindor common room? I looked around the room and saw Arnold; Ginny's Pygmy Puff sat on one of the beds. So I was in Ginny's room but where was she?

I heard a squeal followed by laughter as the door crashed open and Ginny and Harry staggered into the room, Ginny clinging to Harry's arm as she tried to not fall over. She froze when she saw I was awake and then, like a cannonball, she landed on top of me.

"Hermione!" She shrieked. "Are you feeling okay? You had a lot to drink last night according to Seamus."

"What's the time?"

"It's just after lunch." I had missed all of my morning lessons! How was I going to pass my NEWTs if I keep missing classes?

"Have you seen Seamus? I have to thank him for last night." I told them as I climbed out of bed. I was still wearing my crumpled dress I noticed.

"You've already thanked him." Ginny giggled childishly. I didn't like the way she said that an even Harry looked like he wished he was anywhere but here. I nearly didn't ask.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You can't remember?" Ginny laughed again and I felt any hope sink lower.

"Remember what?"

"You kissed him!" Ginny squealed. My world fell around me. I had kissed Seamus! I hadn't even spoken properly to Seamus before tonight. Why had I kissed him? I liked Drake, maybe I still did but I wasn't so sure at the moment. If he hadn't done that to me then last night I could have been kissing a completely different person.

"I-I kissed him?" I stammered.

"Yup!" She grinned. "You should have seen the look on Malfoy's face!" I froze and stared at her in shock.

"D-Drake saw?" I stuttered and Ginny nodded enthusiastically. "He freaked out big time! Drew his wand and threatened to hurt you if you went anywhere near Seamus."

"He is going to murder me." I sighed hanging my head.

"Nope!" Ginny exclaimed popping the 'p' "And you can thank me for saving your sorry ass, Malfoy will not be bothering you for a while."

"Ginny what did you do?" I whispered.

"I hexed him." She cheered; too involved in her own happiness to notice how scared I was right now. She had hurt Drake, so much so that he wouldn't be able to bother me for a while. Did that mean she had seriously hurt him?

"What hex?" I asked casually.

"Bat-bogey hex." She smiled, "It worked perfectly as well."

"Ginny do you mind leaving us alone for a minute?" Harry requested before I could speak. She turned to look at him shocked and he continued quickly. "I just need to talk to her alone, I'm worried about her - she's my best friend apart from Ron." Harry added.

She eventually obliged and got to her feet, skipping out of the room. Harry turned to me and I trembled under his steady gaze.

"She didn't mean to hurt him as bad as she did." Harry started, "It was accident to tell you the truth. Her hex hit him square in the chest and he would have been ok, except he collided with the wall. They rushed him straight to the hospital wing."

"But Madam Pomfrey's fixed him up, hasn't she?"

"Of course." Harry glanced around and I picked up on his nervousness straight away, he was my best friend after all.