Beatings

<----------------------------------------------------------- Vote because you all got me to update early XD Oh and I want to know how many people are reading because I have no idea!! 

***

We arrived back at school a few hours later. Draco hadn’t said a word at all after we had discovered that his father had escaped from the clutches of the Ministry. I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I was afraid that I would upset him, or make him hurt more than he already did.

As soon as we had entered through the front doors, we were rushed up to by Ginny, Harry and Ron; their relieved expressions making me feel glad that we were back. Ginny pulled me straight into a hug as she ran a hand slowly up and down my arm comfortingly.

“We heard what happened.” Harry stated plainly. He didn’t need to say anymore as I stepped out of Ginny’s arms and straight into his. The tears started to drop and he held me reassuringly promising that he would always be here no matter who I dated.

Drake cleared his throat behind us and we both turned to look at him. He held his arms out to me and I stepped into them, letting him engulf me in his hug. I had never felt happier to be beside him; at least he was back to normal now.

“Is George okay?” I asked eventually.

“What do you mean?” Ron yelped suddenly. I took a deep breath as I looked up at him, knowing that losing Fred was bad enough but the fact that he may have lost George making it even worse.

“When Lucius escaped he used Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, George’s product.” I explained, “But George wouldn’t willingly give it to them so…”

It took a moment for it to register but a second later; Ron was taking off down the corridor followed closely by Harry and Ginny. I dropped Drake’s arm and chased after them, I had to find out what had happened. Racing down the corridor we sprinted up the stairs two at a time and along another corridor until we reached Professor McGonagall’s classroom.

“Granger, Weasley, Potter, Malfoy and Weasley; what are you all doing here?” She asked confused as we broke through her door at a break-neck speed.

“Have you heard anything about George?” Ron asked immediately. A concerned look crossed her face as she got to her feet.

“I have not, why?”

“Lucius Malfoy escaped and we believe that he hurt George to do so.” Drake explained.

“I can arrange you transportation to the burrow but you will need to be back tomorrow to resume lessons.” McGonagall offered and we all nodded in approval.

Crossing the room, she lit her fire with a wave of her wand and pulled a pot of green powder off the mantelpiece. She handed it round and we all took a handful. Ginny went first, dropping her handful of floo powder and she disappeared in a flash of green smoke as she yelled The Burrow. I chased after her, dropping my handful as I quickly vanished into a green flame.

I hated travelling by floo powder; the rush as the fire whooshed you away and then the smoke that rose through the air making me cough as I tried to breathe. It didn’t work until I dropped out of the fireplace and rolled into the Weasley’s kitchen gasping for breath. Immediately arms wrapped around me, lifting me up out of the way so that the others could come through into the room.

Ginny sat next to me on the sofa and a blanket was draped around our shoulders as we rested there. I didn’t know why we were being treated like this but I accepted it gratefully as we waited for the others to arrive; I assumed that we would be told when we were all here. Harry came next, then Ron and finally Drake burst out of the fireplace and they were positioned alongside us.