24- Zander the angel

>>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<

I messed everything up this time and I have no idea how I could fix this shit that I started. 

It's been a week since I moved back in to my own house and Hendrix haven't called or texted me yet and everyday just hurts. I've been bawling every night because all I could think of is I lost someone important in my life and I know Hendrix will never forgive me or take me back. I'm such a bitch.

Every time my phone beep, I always hope it's him but it's never him. I'm mentally breaking down but I have to be strong in front of everyone. I haven't even told Collin that this is happening because I'm always locked up in my room, hoping I could turn back time and  take him back.

"Cass?" Brando, my little cousin knocked through my door.

"Come in," I said, wiping my eyes dry and sniffing up my runny nose. Brando walked in with his hands behind his back and I forced out a smile. "Hey Brando," I said cheerily but inside, I'm dying. No one told me that it would hurt this bad, being heart broken and all. 

"Hey Cass," he jumped on my bed and shuffled over to me. "Why're you crying Cass?" His eyes bore onto my face and I faked a smile for this kids sake.

"I'm not crying Brando, just allergies," I sniffed and he looks like he believed me. 

"Okay but I got you this," he handed me a bar of hershey cookies and cream chocolate and this time, my smile was genuine because you don't know how much I love this chocolate. 

"Thanks but why'd you get me chocolate?" I asked and he shook his head. 

"I didn't get you that, if I got chocolate, it would be mine," he grinned, taking a tab as soon as I opened it. Of course he would sneak one for him.

"Then where'd you get it?" I asked, popping a piece in my mouth. 

"I did," I moved my gaze to my doorway where Zander was leaning casually by the door frame. Great, the person I wanted to see. Not. 

"What's wrong Cass?" Brando probably notice my reaction as my face fell a little and I shook my head. 

"Nothing, why don't you go downstairs, we'll make cookies later," I promised him and his eyes lit brightly as he nodded and stormed off my room. "What're you doing here?" I asked in a whisper as I kept my eyes locked down on my covers. 

"Trying to make sure you're okay," he made his way towards my bed and sat down comfortably. 

"Why? You don't need to do that anymore since I don't live in Hendrix's house," I pursed my lips after I said it. I didn't mean to sound rude but I just can't help it.

"I don't either," my gaze snapped up to his when I said it and I quirk a brow. 

"What do you mean you don't either?" I asked confused, looking at him closely. 

"I don't live in Hendrix's house anymore, he kicked me out after you left," he wasn't looking at me and I saw him swallow. Well duh! If my best friend was cheating with my boyfriend and she lives with me, I would kick her out first. 

"Then where do you live now? Do you have a place to settle in?" I asked concerned and a smile touched his lips. Well I did care for Zander, he's a sweet guy and as bad as it sounds, I like him. 

"Yeah, I bought a condo in town and I just moved in yesterday," I raise my brows in amusement and I just looked at him. "You've been crying," he placed a hand on my cheek as he caressed my skin smoothly, sending shivers in my spine. 

"Why are you here?" I changed the subject instantly and he winced, pulling away instantly like I've shocked him. 

"I told you, I'm checking if you're alright," he repeated, locking his gaze with mine. 

"I'm fine, you don't have to-" I was rambling but I didn't care. 

"I like you Cass and I care for you so deal with it or suck it up," he said sternly and my tummy flipped. I missed hearing those words and it comforted me a bit. 

"I'm sorry," tears stung my eyes and I chewed on my lip as it began to tremble. Zander scooted over to me and hug me tight, my face was buried in his shoulder as I let everything out. I just broke down in front of him.

"It's okay," he cooed beside my ear, caressing my hair soothingly.

I pulled away and pressed the heels of my palm on my eyes, taking in a deep breath before facing Zander. He's the only one who told me he cares for me, never have I heard from Hendrix and it broke my heart even more.

"I miss you Cass," he cupped my cheeks and I hiccupped, making him smile that reached his eyes.

"I do too," I bit my inner cheeks as this was an intense intimate moment.

"Did he contact you?" He asked me and I know he's talking about Hendrix but I shook my head, sighing. His eyes turned cold and I touched his hand, making sure it's okay.

"Were done Zander, I can't turn back to him," I swallowed the bile in my throat and he forced out a smile.

"But he can at least make sure-" I cut him off and pressed my lips to his, he froze for a second in surprise but kiss back when he realized what was happening. I fist up his shirt and pulled him against me, deepening the kiss. 

"Making sure I'm okay is your job, not his," I pulled an inch away as I take in a breath, pressing my forehead on his.

"It is," he smiled, leaning in slowly to close the gap between us and kissing me passionately. My eyes closed and my chest ached for him. I want Hendrix but Zander is the one I need and you don't always get what you want.

"Whoa! What's happening in here?" Collin's voice boomed in my room and I cursed him silently for ruining the moment. I pulled away and moved my gaze to my twin who had a confused look on his face. 

"Nothing," I replied to Collin and his forehead deepen. 

"Nothing? Does Hendrix know-" My jaw clenched and I cut him off. 

"He doesn't need to know." I said without thinking and my brother looked surprised by this. Zander moved his gaze to me and he also looked taken a back.

"What do you mean he doesn't need to know?" Colling asked confused.

"We're done, we broke up," I simply said and he looked over at Zander.

"And you're using this guy to move on?" Zander winced beside me and anger flared inside of me. I'm not using nobody because I realized that Zander trust me while Hendrix doesn't, he didn't even let me explain, not that there's anything to explain but still, he couldn't listen to me for a second.

"I'm not using anyone. Hendrix is... We're done." Was all I could say because I can't cuss him, it hurts too much when I talk about him. 

"You know what. I'll deal with you later, I have to go now, watch over Brando," Collin said before curtly nodding over at Zander before leaving.  

"I'm sorry about Collin-" I started but he cut me off, brushing his thumb through my bottom lip. 

"No need, t's okay," he smiled before leaning down to meet my lips. My breath caught and that's when I realized that I've been worrying about Hendrix when the guy I needed all along is right here, waiting for me. 

~

Sorry for the longgggggg wait!:(

SOOOOOO! This is not the last chapter! Just to let y'all know! And AWE! Zander and Cass! But what do you think? Will Hendrix give up that easily? Will he juust let her go without a fight? He did loved Cass and I don't know if he'll let her go or regret everything and take her back:$ And I guess Zander is taking advantage of the moment:P

xoFranchescaxo