Not Me Dean x Angel!Reader

Song: Lips of an angel- Hinder

Alex's POV

As my life flashed before my eyes my fingers unclenched and with my last breath I said "(Y/N), I have found them, but I am dying." Then my vision fades as (Y/N) appears before me.

That is the last thing I see.

Your POV

Poor, poor Alex. She was killed by a demon, but I can now have full control over her body.

I stand off the floor and wipe away the blood. I need to change and then find the brothers.

I fly to a closed clothing store and take a few articles of clothing including a (F/C) blouse, with grey jeans, and black knee high boots. Right before I leave a dark brown button up coat catches my eyes. I grab it then leave the store.

I have committed many crimes just looking for the Winchester's, why should taking from a store be any different?

I dump Alex's bloody clothes into a dumpster then start searching through my vessels memories. I see the Winchester's and Alex, specifically her and Dean.

Romantically involved.

She was only supposed to find them, well I suppose. humans are different from angels. Then I see a sign of a motel, that's where they are. I fly to their location.

I appear in front of their door and I knock. The Winchester known as Sam answers "Hey Alex." I shake my head and walk past him.

Dean lies in his bed and sits up once he hears that I have arrived. "Hey babe." He tries to kiss me, but I push his lips away.

He raises an eyebrow "What's the matter Alex?" He asks. I sit down on one of the chairs and take a deep breath. "Alex is dead."

Sam's eyes widen and Dean remains emotionless. He sits on the bed puts his hands on his head, elbows poised on his knees. Then his arm reaches back, grabbing no doubt a knife hidden under his pillow.

He jumps up and I flash behind him, grabbing his arm holding the knife. "Alex was my vessel, she is safe now, happy." Dean turns to look at me and puts the knife down.

"Who are you then?" Sam asks from across the room. I turn from Dean and look at Sam. "I am the Angel known as (Y/N), I sent Alex to find you, so I could help protect you."

Sam and Dean just nod. A flutter of wings comes from behind me. "Hello Castiel." I flip around and grab the blade inches away from my face.

I take it from his grasp and toss it across the room. "I left heaven, you don't need to worry." Castiel just stares at me. "Your power has been cut drastically." Oh my, has he gone dull?

"I left heaven, cut ties, like you, of course my power has been cut." Its obvious. Castiel just continues to stare until he walks past me and sits in a chair.

"Look, if you don't want my help, I'll leave." I state. They don't say anything so flash out of the quite untidy motel room. I walk a few steps into the darkness

1 week later

A flutter of wings sound behind me, then I smirk. "Changed your mind did you Castiel?" I turn around and see Castiel and Sam.

"Please (Y/N), Dean won't eat, sleep, or move. We need you to pretend to be Alex." Sam pleaded. "Why should I?" Castiel spoke up "We'll let you help us."

I smirked "Fine."

We walked to the motel and then Cas flew us in. "Dean?" I called out in my best Alex voice.

He never moved from the bed. Time to put my acting skills to the test. I kneeled in front of Dean and tears fell from my eyes.

"Dean, Dean please, I'm back, I don't know how but I'm back." He looked at me. "A-Alex?" His voice cracked.

I nodded as more tears fell. "I'm back." He cupped my face and kissed me. I melted into the kiss, damn.

1 month later

I don't know how much longer I can take being Alex. I'm starting to, what mortals call, fall for Dean, but he doesn't love me, he loves Alex.

Dean is taking me, well Alex star gazing. He pulls the impala onto a hill overlooking a hill. I look up and see a billion stars. I look in wonder and awe, until Dean interrupts.

"I thought you'd like it." I nod then I look down and bite my lip. I need to tell him.

"Dean, I'm not Alex." I blurt out.

He chuckles "I know."

I look at him, "How?"

He looks at me "I think I've always known (Y/N), you're not like Alex, your different, and I like it.,"

He comes closer to me, cups my face, and kisses me.

Not Alex.