Sweetheart Gabriel x Reader

Requested by TheTricksterAngel

Song: Hallelujah- Pentatonix

~~~~~

The sweet smell of vanilla wafted through the air, the latest customer requested a cake with buttercream icing and it required vanilla. I slide the cake onto the counter and pick up the phone. I call the woman who ordered it and told her to come pick it up.

My bakery is called 'Layers'. It's a little bland but people love my creations and always come back to my business. I hear the bell above the door ring and walk out to the counter. A brunette man walks in and looks around at my creations.

"Those are just displays, the order book is right here." I hand it to the man. He smiles "Thank you."

I rearrange the cakes on display and I hear the pages of the book flipping. 'I'm Gabriel, but you can call me Gabe." he tells me.

"I'm (Y/n), you can call me (N/n)." I tell Gabe. He smiles and continues flipping through the book until I hear him stop on a page. "You find something?" I ask him.

"I'll take this one sweetheart." He tells me and shows me a picture of chocolate chip cookies. "Sweetheart?" I question.

"Yeah, why not?" He smirks.

I laugh under my breath and take the book back. "How many of them do you want, it's a dollar per cookie." I tell him.

"I'll take a dozen." He tells me and hands me a twenty. "Keep the change." He adds.

"They should be done in a few hours, I can call you if you have a number." I say.

"Well, I seem to have lost mine, can I have yours?" He replies

I chuckle and roll my eyes.

I hand him a piece of paper and a pen and he writes down his number. "Okay I'll call you when they are ready to be picked up." I notify Gabe and slip the paper into my pocket.

"See you then sweetheart." He smirks then walks out the door.

~~~~~

Gabe came to pick up his cookies and we chatted for a bit. He tried flirting with me a few times and it was kind of funny.

He was my last customer of the day and I locked up after he left. He said he would come back tomorrow if the cookies were good. I kinda hope they are for that reason alone.

~~~~~

I open up shop and Gabe comes in about half an hour after I open. "They were good?" I ask him.

"They were fantastic, I don't understand how someone can put that much flavor into one little treat!" He exclaims.

"It's very easy, you just follow instructions, I come from a family with a lot of recipes." I explain to him.

"Today can I get an angel food cake with a vanilla icing?" Gabe asks me.

I nod and put on my apron. I make sure my hair is out of my face and out of the way of everything so it doesn't get in the mix.

"Why did you go into the baking business?" Gabriel asks me.

"I love to bake and cook, it's been my dream to start a bakery for as long as I can remember." I explain to him. "What do you do for a living?" I ask him from the kitchen.

"I travel a lot, I like to fly around, people say I'm too mischievous to stay around." He tells me.

I laugh a little under my breath. "You know we should do this more often." Gabe tells me from the counter.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"I'll come in and make my order, and then we each ask each other one question sweetheart." Gabe explains his plan to me.

"Okay, what is your-"

Gabe cuts me off. "You already asked your question sweetheart, call me when that cake is finished."

~~~~~

That question a day thing lasted for days, then it went up to two weeks.I felt myself feeling more and more attracted to that man. He was so funny and he actually quite mischievous.

Everyday that he would come into the bakery he always ordered something new and gave a big tip. But it wasn't the money that made me like him.

"Ask me a question sweetheart." Gabe tells me.

"Why do you order something from here everyday?" I ask him.

"I have a huge sweet tooth." He answers my question.

I pull out his cupcakes from the oven. I quickly ice them with chocolate icing then hand them to him.

"Your turn." I notify him.

He thinks for a moment and then it's like a lightbulb goes off in his head.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" He asks me.

This takes me back a little bit. I tuck a strand of (H/c) hair behind my ear and bite my lip.

"I would love to." You tell him.

Two imagines in two days!