Chapter Seven

Update! READ NOW!

Go! Go! Go!

CHAPTER SEVEN:

Adrian:

"Colton...." I trailed off, "Think about what you're about to do---and then don't do it!" I continued to back away from Colton Knight's towering body. He was shivering a bit due to the lack of warmth in his body. His lips weren't their normal plump pink but a cracked purple. His clothes were drenched, sticking to his muscular body. "Don't be stupid Colton!" He laughed humorlessly. Probably thinking how dumb I sounded begging.

"Stop backing away," He growled, showing off his full set of perfect teeth, "I'm not going to hurt you!"

Yeah, and pigs fly! Colton wasn't going to hurt me: he was going to kill me!

"Are you scared?"

Yes! But I'll never admit that.

"O-Of course not," I stammered. Clearly showing my fear and that made him smile even harder. "It's just chilly out t-tonight." And it was. We were further into fall and the weather was turning from its warm summer heat to the crispy, chill air of autumn. Just imagine being in Colton's wet attire right now with this cold breeze outside.

I'm such a bitch!

~

TWO HOURS EARLIER:

"Girl's night has officially started," Serena cheered, giving me a big fist pump. I plopped down on my living room couch beside her and curled myself up into my Scary Movie Comforting Blanket. Serena and I are a but different from other teenage girls: instead of crying our eyes out to romantic comedies, we'd rather have our socks knocked off by a terrifying horror movie. It makes girls' night much more enjoyable.

I picked up the remote and pressed play on The Exorcist. It was the original 1973 version. That meant I wouldn't be thinking straight for months! Serena was giggling, thinking my fear was absolutely hilarious. You wait and see, we'll both be crying ourselves to sleep tonight.

The movie started playing and I was cringing into my blanket at all the creepy parts. Why is this girl so freaking freaky? Why were these people so freaky?! I had been using the extra buttered popcorn as comfort food but when the part came where I would need it the most, it was all gone.

"You're such a little wuss," Serena chuckled and put the empty bowl of popcorn up on the table, right when the music made a sharp sound; making us jump to our deaths.

"We're," Serena spoke muffled into the couch pillows. "We're wusses!" Yeah, now she wants to admit it!

The little girl was strapped down to her bed and her face was turned from a normal one into a demonic one. She was acting crazy because a demon was inside of her and I was just trying to keep my boldness showing because I wanted to finish the movie.

Serena was hiding her face in the pillow a majority of the time but peeking up from it to look at the TV for a few seconds. Then she would cower back into its comfort. At least we're being brave and watching the movie. Unlike some girls who needed a boy just to get through the opening credits.

"Did you hear that?" Serena asked suddenly when the little girl was going on a murderous rampage. I looked over at Serena who had fear in her eyes. "Seriously I hea--"

She wasn't able to finish because that's when we heard a thump coming from what sounded like the back of my house. "Normally I would say you're crazy but I heard it too," I whispered. Serena snatched the remote from the middle of us and paused the movie quickly.