Chapter Forty-Seven

"Hey boy, I really wanna see if you could go downtown with a girl like me..."

Song: What's My Name

Artist: Rihanna

I apologize for my pure rachetness. Here is the new chapter Forty-Seven.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:

Colton:

Everyone loves to win. Everyone. I don't ever want to hear someone say that it doesn't matter if you win or lose. That's a load of bull and we all know it. If it didn't matter whether you would win or lose then what were the points of creating competitions in the first place? Championships for that matter? It mattered. Winning completely matter. Everyone wants to win.

When I was on the field today I knew I had to put on a show. All those people didn't drive all the way from town just to watch us lose. Losing wasn't going to be an option for me. Especially, against South Lakeview. The whole season our team had put in endless blood, sweat, and tears into all of our practices. We perform the way we practice. That tells you something there.

Football is my life. I've been playing it, learning about it, and everything since the day I learned to walk. I planned on going pro in the future. It isn't just a hobby for me. Football is literally my key to success. And I bet if you go up to any high school football player that is actually good ... they won't sway you with any other answer.

So you would be able to understand the emotions I was feeling the minute we won the game. Beyond happiness. I was floating on cloud 9. We told ourselves that we were going to win that game. Even though the guys and I had so many distractions leading up to kickoff --- it didn't matter --- because as soon as the first play commenced we weren't thinking about anything else except coming off of that field victorious.

Victorious is exactly what we were.

I guess you could also say that there was something else driving me towards my goal to win. Liam. I was playing against my girlfriends ex-boyfriend. He was the guy that caused a majority of all the problems my friends and I were facing today. He was the reason why Adrian no longer had Serena as a best friend. He was the reason that Serena went completely mental. He was the reason why Adrian fought Serena. He was the reason for a lot of things.

And that pissed me off. Yeah, I wasn't around when Adrian was going out with him obviously but that didn't exactly mean anything. I didn't feel steady knowing that her ex was bringing problems into my relationship with her now. And as her current boyfriend --- the boyfriend that truly loved her --- you would be completely mind-fucked if you thought that I wasn't going to protect.

When we beat South Lakeview and I saw the look on Liam's face after the game ... god, I don't think you understand how riveting it was to see that you crushed your enemies spirits. I sound like a crazy person but everyone has their inner evil, don't they? I loved seeing Liam so put down and I would love to see happen for the rest of my life.

As long as he wasn't trying to come on to Adrian anymore then everything would be okay. I loved her. Adrian. I love her. And as for being the first girl that I truly loved, expressed my feelings for, it scared me. I may not sound very manly when I say what I'm about to say but it doesn't matter to me. A guy in love should be able to have one of these moments --- or multiple moments.

Now, back to being scared. It scared me to think that Liam was trying to come for her still. Trying to get her back. Even when we all told him to back off the look on his face showed pure determination. He was determined to get her back. So, it scared me. No guy wants to worry about ex-boyfriends ever. Just like Adrian shouldn't have to worry about the whores that always tries to get to me.