Girls Night

It had been a month since she called off the engagement, and she was miserable.

She'd even went as far as putting in a transfer request only for Erin to knock some sense into her in the locker room.

That a transfer would reflect poorly on her and Adam wouldn't face the same ramifications she would.

She decided then that she'd suck it up and ignore him whenever possible, he wouldn't ruin her career.

Erin had been a really good friend over the last month, it kind of surprised her to be honest. When she was with Adam, Erin was merely an acquaintance someone who worked with her fiancé and every so often they'd have a few beers together as a group.

Share a few pleasantries, but friends?

Not really, but now? Absolutely.

Besides Trudy Platt, Erin was the one she leaned on most since everything had gone down. Helping Platt to plan her wedding was like a knife in her heart, but she plowed through it.

The knock on her door startled her, it was almost nine on a Friday night, she had spent the majority of the night in a 'Gilmore Girls' marathon on Netflix and she housed a container of cookies and creme ice cream. She quickly paused the latest episode and went to the door.

She looked through the peephole surprised to see Erin on her doorstep, her first thought was Adam had been hurt. She quickly scolded herself, he wasn't her concern anymore.

"Erin?" Kim invited her in, "what's up?"

Erin glanced around the apartment, "You busy?"

She laughed embarrassedly, "not really unless being in the middle of season four of Gilmore Girls counts" she sat on her foot on the couch, "what brings you by?" She didn't want to ask but it was eating at her, "It's not Ruzek, right? He's okay?" As if not using his first name would make it hurt any less.

Impossible, she longed for him.

"Ruzek? He's a jerk but he's fine" Erin huffed, "I'm here for you" she sat on the arm of the couch, "It's Ladies Night at Molly's get dressed"

Kim cocked her head to the side, the last thing she wanted to do was go out and to Molly's of all places.

"I think I'll pass, I'm not in a going out mood" she told her, truth of the matter was she wanted to crawl in a hole and die. She missed him so much, seeing him at work was almost more than she could bare. The few times she'd been called up to work with Intelligence was the hardest thing she'd ever done. She was thankful for Erin who acted as a buffer between the two. She even hear Erin chewing him out in the locker room, one afternoon.

"Stop, you're coming" Erin pulled her up from the couch, "go get dressed, who knows you may meet someone" she teased, though she knew it was doubtful. It was obvious Kim still loved Adam.

"Erin, I don't..."

"Don't argue, you're coming! Sylvie Brett and Sarah Reese are waiting for us" she told her, "I'm not leaving without you, so you might as well give in and get dressed"

Kim threw her hands up in the air, "Guess I don't have a choice, right?"

"Nope"

Erin waited as Kim got ready, she couldn't help but notice the stack of wedding magazines in the corner of the apartment, she went over and thumbed through a few. Her heart breaking when she came across dog eared pages and little sticky notes, Kim had obviously put a lot of thought into all of it. It fueled her anger with Adam, she could hear Kim coming she quickly moved away from the pile.