LJ Ruzek

"You should go" Adam told her, "I'm fine" he could see the exhaustion on her face, she was beyond tired. Her frequent yawning didn't help her argument at all, "please.." As the day progressed, he found it easier to speak and bits and pieces of the hours before the accident started coming back to him.

Kim adjusted the blankets around him, "I'm not leaving, I'm good" she smiled, "I don't want to leave you alone" she ran her fingers over the cast on his arm, "how's your pain level?"

"S'alright, I'd feel better if you would go home" he told her, truthfully the last thing he wanted was for her to leave but she looked drained, and she wouldn't get any sleep if she stayed.

"Adam.."

"Baby, you're shot. Please, go home." Adam begged, he could see her preparing to fight him on this, "if you won't do it for me, or yourself, do it for our baby...please?" He knew he was hitting below the belt, but she needed a good nights sleep.

"Guess you aren't confused anymore huh?" She smirked at his ability to play dirty, "okay, but I'm coming back first thing in the morning" she told him, "I love you"

"Come here.." He held his hand out for her, "closer.."

"What?" She asked.

"Let me talk to my baby" he smiled.

Kim smiled at him and sat on the edge of the bed, Adam's hand running over her baby bump in a circular motion,

"Hey little one...Daddy's here" he whispered, when he first found out Kim was pregnant he was terrified. Almost willing to let Kim keep the baby from him, until he spoke to Al and his own father. He looked up at Kim, tears in her eyes, and his, "I'm gonna be the best dad I can be"

Kim wiped her eyes, "I know you will be, I know what we're having" she said softly, "found out yesterday"

"You did?"

"Mmmhmm" she hummed, "Kevin came with me, but he was sworn to secrecy" she pulled the latest picture from her back pocket, "here"

Adam took it from her, he studied it, "I need a little help, Halstead was right" he laughed, "doesn't look like a baby"

She playfully smacked him, "Don't talk about our little girl like that, she's perfect" she let a tear slide down her cheek, "it's a girl"

"Really?"

"Yeah.." She was going to say more when she found him pulling her face towards him and crashed his lips against hers.

After a few minutes, they broke apart, "I've missed you" Kim told him, "Adam, I don't want to waste anymore time apart, I don't care about getting married. I just want you" she wiped the lipstick from his lips with her thumb, "all I want is you and our little girl"

"You have me Kim, I'm yours" he told her, "you're all I ever wanted, all I will ever want" he kissed her lips, "now get that pretty ass of yours home and in bed" he smirked, "my girls need their rest"

"Alright" she stood up, "I'm going, I will be back first thing tomorrow morning" she smiled, "probably before the sun rises"

"I'm counting on it" he caressed her stomach, "with donuts?"

She laughed, "of course"