Chapter 25 (Episode 5 Part 1)

I dug through my father's bookshelves looking for any books that may contain the identity of the man from my dream, he was a stranger but every time I've closed my eyes since that pool incident which was a few days ago he doesn't seem to leave me alone, it was like flashback sequences in a sitcom where it would show me him laughing, scowling, rolling his eyes and even when he was angry. Each dream I have had that involved him, it would always end with him hugging me and telling me not to worry because daddy was there to help me, which was more disturbing than anything I could think of.

"What are you looking for?" dad asked as he came to stand behind my shoulder, his eyes trained on the dusty book that I had in my hand "I haven't seen that book for a long time" he mumbled taking it off of me he smiled gently "this was a wedding present from an old friend" his eyes hardened as his face twisted into something I'd never seen on my father, it was deep-seated, absolute, pure, rage.

"You okay?" I asked, as he clenched his jaw and gripped the book tightly, if I didn't know my dad any better I'd say he's losing his shit, his eyes flashed red and I flinched back, I'd seen my dad rip another Alpha apart with his bare hands without blinking, he'd never raised his hand to anyone in our family but it was always a present fear that one day he might.

A deep sigh erupted from him and he shook his head "yeah I'm good" he handed me back the book with a tight-lipped smile "why are you digging through these books anyway?" he sat down on the edge of his desk like nothing happened and I shrugged it off as well, I'll ask mum to deal with him tonight, she always knows what to do.

"I keep having this dream about a guy" I mumbled putting the book down on my To-Read pile I grabbed a thinner book and pawed through it, nothing but accountant notes on our old packs spendings.

"Okay, it's not one of those dreams is it?" he asked with a wince, he was uncomfortable when it came to stuff like sex dreams and womanly problems as he called them "if it is I don't want to know" he raised his hands like I was going to tell him everything dirty I'd done in my life but sadly this was serious.

"No, it's not, you can relax" I crossed my legs and put the book down on the No-Way-In-Hell pile with a sigh "this dream is different from anything I've ever had, it's like I've seen the guy before but at the same time I have no clue who he is" I rubbed the back of my head "he kept saying 'Daddy's got you' and 'Daddy's not going to let anyone hurt you' it's creepy but in some strange way I feel like I've known him all my life" I looked up at dad slowly, I wasn't sure how he would react to this news.

"hmm.." he mumbled tapping his fingers on the underside of his desk lightly "okay" the tapping increased in speed and I knew something was up, he tapped when he was nervous.

"Just okay?" I asked looking at the pile of books I had to go through so I could know the identity of the mystery man in my dream, what most people don't know is that Werewolves keep very good records, the newer Alpha's didn't do that anymore mainly because Hunters could get their hands on the records easily but some of the older ones still did. My paternal grandfather was no exception, he had the names of every Alpha and Pack member in the US in his records, they weren't up to date thanks to him being killed by a Hunter but they were completed until the early 2000's.

"Yeah why?" he tapping stopped and he looked more grumpy than before.

"No... uh.. no reason" I said with a shake of my head, standing up I gathered the heavy pile of books up "I'm going to Derek's, I'll see you later" I went to walk out of the room but dad cleared his throat.

"Frey, if you open this can of worms, there will be no way of closing it" he mumbled, glancing over my shoulder I shrugged and continued out, the fuck kind of fortune cookie shit was that?

~ Railway Yard ~

I sat on one of the boxes that littered the cement floor, the pile of books loomed next to me as if demanding I start to read anyone of the 10 books that I had brought, Derek stood next to my legs, that dangled over the edge of the box, and leaned against the corner as Erica and Boyd dragged Jackson down the stairs and threw him on the ground in front of us. Issac and Drew stood on my other side, neither one of them looked impressed to be anywhere near Jackson, Issac was angry for the obvious reason that had everything to do with him being a fugitive and Drew was angry because Jackson kept trying to touch her ass when they walked past each other in the hallway at school.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" Derek asked holding a piece of mirror that the kanima had broken when it fought Scott at the pool, Derek wasn't as impressed by the fact that Scott beat the Lizardman as I was given that Scott and Stiles left us in the pool area.

"What? Nothing. Nothing happened" Jackson stuttered out, he looked scared but then again I would be too if Derek began to loom over me with a shard of mirror gripped in his hand. Sighing I grabbed the thickest book on the pile and opened it to a dog-eared page that held names of Pack members of the packs that dwelled in California, seemed like a better place to start than any.

"You're lying" Derek growled, causing me to glance at him, his growl wasn't the surprising part, I was used to hearing it thanks to the band of misfits he had turned into his lackeys, no the surprising part was the twisting feeling I got in my belly when I heard it, it made my breath catch and my lust for him to spike concentrating back in the book I stared at the words on the page, but they no longer held my attention the hot male across the room from me who was displaying his dominance over the human that was cowering on the floor captured my attention, and he would probably not let it go.

"No, wait. No, wait, I can - I can prove it. I taped myself." Jackson spoke up, interrupting my scorching hot daydream of Derek's body being very close to mine, a shudder ran down my body as the daydream morphed into whatever Jackson had done on the tape he had created on the full moon.

"You taped yourself?" Issac and I asked at the same time, with disgust laced in our voices, we glanced at each other and high-fived.

"Yes," Jackson said with a glare before he looked back at Derek "It was the full moon. And maybe while you were curled in the corner having an existential crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so - called gift your big, bad Alpha promised me, and what did I get? Nothing. You want proof? Let me get the video" he stood up and glared at Derek like he had betrayed him.

"No. No, I have a better idea" Derek mumbled with a smirk, he knew exactly what he wanted to do he nodded to Erica and Boyd who came up behind Jackson and pushed him to his knees, Erica held his hair tightly and angled his head so Derek could get to him easier.

"What is that?" Jackson asked, a little fearful of the look Derek was giving him, Derek slowly made his way to Jackson and twirled the mirror in his gloved hands Jackson continued to struggle as Issac walked over and pried open his mouth.

"You know, Jackson, you've always been kind of a snake - And everyone knows a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom" Derek tilted the mirror slightly and a drip of the Kanima's poison leaked down and landed in Jackson's mouth, Jackson's breathing became laboured and he slumped to the gound as he became paralysed thanks to the poison.

"Jesus" Drew mumbled as Jackson looked around the area wildly but couldn't move "I hope that never happens to me"

"You're still a snake, Jackson, just not the one we're looking for," Derek said at Jackson's level, he stood up and waited for me to gather my books up so we could go to bed, or well he could go to bed.

"You're still gonna have to do one more thing for us. Well, actually, for me" I heard Issac mumbled as Derek took the books out of my hands and lifted me up so my legs were wrapped tightly around his waist and his body was pressed against me.

______________________________

Hey, guys Happy Friday!!!!!!!!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and have an amazing day!!

~~ Katt xx