Chapter 28 (Episode 5 part 4)

After five minutes of arguing after class and a near death experience, thanks to Stile and his trigger finger on Allion's compact cross bow Scott dragged me with him to talk to Derek, either he believed that it was safer in numbers or he could tell I was itching for a fight, either way, I wasn't happy about being leashed and lead around like a pup.

I would've preferred to go with Allison to talk to the school counsellor or Stiles to babysit Lydia but no Scott told them to leave and dragged me out into the nippy air of the Lacrosse field to confront my Alpha "We want to talk to Derek" Scott said as Boyd made his way over to us wearing a leather Jacket that was a size too big for him.

"Talk to me" Boyd said as he slowed down and came to a stop a few feet away from us.

"I don't want to fight" Scott said pulling me to a stop as well, he still had a grip on my forearm so I couldn't get away from him easily.

"Good, 'cause I'm twice the size of you" Boyd said with a smirk as he looked at Scott and me, my anger continued to build until I couldn't feel my fingertips and my vision tinged red.

"he might turn a fight down because of size but I've taken men down bigger and Badder than you, pup" I growled my voice turning into something that resembled a demonic sound, a feral growl made its way up my throat and I was sure my eyes had turned their strange blood red. Boyd's eyes widened as I struggled to step forward and take him on.

"True. Really, really true" Scott said, he kept his grip on my arm so I couldn't lunge at Boyd "But wanna know what I think? I'm twice as fast" he then looked down at me "That and I have Frey next to me so I think we can take you" he let me go and I tackled Boyd's legs, bringing him crashing to the ground before Scott pulled me off of Boyd and took hold of my arm again.

"She failed the test" Derek said suddenly next to me, his eyes zeroed in on Scott's arm that would've probably bruised me if I was human.

"Yeah, which doesn't prove anything. Lydia's different" I growled at him, Scott refused to let me go and it was getting on my nerves even more than before. The bond that tied Derek and I together made me want to beat Scott into submission but I refused to do that which made the bond twist in my stomach and made me feel sick.

"I know" Derek said in a calm voice, as if he could calm me down from the 4 feet that was between us "at night she turns into a homicidal walking snake" Scott glanced between Boyd and Derek.

"I'm not going to let you kill her" Scott said he focused on Derek seeing as Boyd seemed like he wasn't going to try anything.

"Who said I was gonna do it?" Derek said looking at Boyd who smirked at him in return, Scott looked at me confused and I sighed.

"Erica and Isaac" I mumbled to him, I hated spoon feeding him like he was a dumbass, which he was in some things but in others he was quite intelligent, not that I would tell him that. Scott let me go and went to run to save Lydia but Boyd was slightly faster, he clotheslined Scott into the ground and winded him.

"I don't know why you think you have to protect everyone now, Scott, but even so, Lydia has killed people and she's gonna do it again, and next time, it's gonna be one of us," Derek said grabbing me and pulling me to him when I tried to pounce at Boyd who stumbled back when I snarled.

"What if you're wrong?" Scott asked looking up at us from his place on the ground.

"She was bitten by an Alpha. It's her" Derek said, running his fingers through my hair, thinking it would calm me down like it usually did, it didn't.

"You saw that thing up close. You know it's not like us" I growled out as I tried to peel Derek's hands off of me.

"But it is! We're all shapeshifters" he said in my ear "You don't know what you're dealing with. It happens rarely and it happens for a reason" Derek said to Scott.

"What reason?" Scott asked he looked at me for the explanation when I stopped struggling against Derek, I stopped because I felt and smell how much he like it.

"Sometimes the shape you take reflects the person that you are" I said, my fangs clearing away and my claws did the same.

"Even Stiles calls her cold - blooded" Derek said, he moved me to the side slightly and reached down to help Scott up.

"Well, what if she's immune? What if she's got something inside of her that makes her immune to the bite, which is why she didn't get paralyzed?" Scott tried to find a was around Lydia being killed.

"No one's immune! I've never seen it or heard of it. It's n -" he grunted when my elbow connected to his ribs as I tried once again to get out of his hold "it's never happened" he said tightening his grip on me.

"What about Jackson?" Scott asked, well it was true Jackson is a snake, I didn't trust him and no else did either, the face Derek pulled was as if he was surprised by the question.

"Boyd" Derek mumbled and nodded to me, Boyd grabbed me and hit my head hard making the world leach away once again.

___________________________
Hey guys I know it's a quick ending but I have a party to get to and I can't leave it hanging like that.

I hope you enjoy it ☺️

~~ Katt xx