| CHAPTER 1 |

SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW  ?

Their eyes met, across all the wounded people. They both walked to the middle. They stopped only inches from each other. Owen's hands placed on his belt, looking down at her. Claire hands tightly holding on to the blanket around her shoulders, looking up at him. 

"So what do we do now ?" Claire asked. If it wasn't because of the incident, and all that has happened. She wouldn't have allowed herself to be seen by him, looking like that. Her hair wavy, her eyes watery and with tears all over her face. But she wasn't ashamed. He knew what she had bin through. What they had bin through. It wasn't an everyday experience. Hopefully a once in a lifetime experience. 

"Probably stick together" Owen said, waited 3 seconds, and added "For survival" 

Claire's mouth opened slightly and turned into a smile. Owen turned to the exit and Claire followed, looking at the ground. They looked at each other for a second and then continued against the exit.

On the way out, Owen thought about taking her hand, but he didn't. How Claire was feeling and what she wanted out of them....this, was a something he knew absolutely nothing about, and he didn't want to screw anything up with the perfect woman. Right when they stepped outside Claire grabbed Owen's arm and pulled him to the side. She wanted to make sure, no one she knew inside was able to see them. Not that she was ashamed of Owen or anything like that. She just couldn't handle any attention of any kind, on her right now. 

Owen followed her without hesitation. When they were far enough away from the entrance, she let her body fall against his. Placing her head on his chest. Her hands still holding on to the blanket. She was exhausted, and she just really needed someone to hold her, tight. She knew Owen would do exactly that.

Owen put his arms around her body, without a second thought. He held her tightly and placed a kiss on the top of her head. That, he didn't think about either. Claire pulled away from him slightly, just so she could look him in the eyes. She didn't want the touch of him to disappear. 

Owen grabbed her face with both hands, and wiped off a couple of tears. Then he kissed her. For the second time and hopefully not the last. Claire didn't do anything, but kiss him back. She had wanted that second kiss, since the first one. The touch of his lips, the feeling of his breath against her skin. Owen pulled back slowly, leaving Claire's mouth a little open. They opened their eyes in sync, and Claire found Owen smiling at her. "Wh....Why ?" Claire asked, as a smile was creeping up on her face. "Why not" Owen answered, still smiling. Claire burst out a tiny laugh, without knowing why. She stood silent for a moment. Owen found her hands and intertwined, their fingers. Claire looked down at their hands and smiled. "For survival ?" She asked and looked up at Owen. "For survival" He said. Claire tilted her head slightly, searching for an answer, but got nothing. "And" She said. "And what ?" Owen asked, smirking a little because Claire was being so adorable right now. "Will u stop that ?" She asked, slightly laughing. "What ?" Owen asked and bowed down to kiss her. "No no" She said firmly, as she pulled away from him. "First, u tell me what u meant" She added. "Okay" Owen said looking down for a second, before lifting his head again. "I have this urge to protect u" Claire's smile grew and she put both ends of the blanket in on hand. She lifted herself up on her tiptoes to kiss him, while her hand held on to his shoulder. Just like the first time. It lasted for a while, and would probably have continued if it wasn't because of someone appearing out of nowhere.