| CHAPTER 10 |

PHONE CALL & I LOVE YOU

Owen entered their apartment with a bag full of groceries. Claire came walking towards him looking a little worried. He noticed something was wrong, immediately. "What's wrong honey" ?" He asked and put the bag down and walked over to her fast. "They ehm....they want an answer by tomorrow" she said, looking at the ground. "The job ?" Owen asked and Claire gave a little nod. She fell right into his arms and he embraced her. She tilted her head up to look at him and he gave her a smile and a peck on the lips. "It's gonna be okay" he said and she nodded. "Are you gonna take it ?" He asked and she sighed. "I'm not sure yet but I gotta get a job soon" Owen nodded and said. "That might be true but it doesn't have to be at Masrani" Claire gave Owen's upper body a little squeeze and let go. "I think I'm gonna take it" She said and walked over to the bags to start unpacking. "Are you sure ?" Owen asked. "Well thank you for your support" She said and looked over at him. "I'm not saying you don't have my support" He said to which she responded with. "Well you are not saying that I have it either". She gave him a smile and opened the fridge to put some groceries in. "Listen, if you take the job, fine. If you don't, fine. I just don't want you to end up regretting it" Owen said as he walked over to give her a peck on the cheek. Claire smiled and reached her hand over to stroke his arm. "Thank you for caring" She said while smiling. "If I didn't care" He said and gave her a long kiss before adding. "Then I wouldn't be here" Claire giggled and continued the unpacking.

Claire sat down on the couch an hour later to call Masrani global and give her final answer. Owen was in the office reading, after Claire politely asked to be alone for the call. She dialed the number and took in a deep breath. "Okay" She whispered to herself. Someone picked up the phone on the other end and Claire thought to herself. "Here we go"

When the phone call was over, Claire was surprised that they agreed to her terms. They had promised that she would have nothing to do with the hole Jurassic World thing, which was the only condition she had. She walked into the office where she found Owen sitting on the chair with his book. He turned around on the chair and put his book on the table. "So" He said and Claire gave him a huge smile and walked over and sat on his lap and gave him a big kiss. She hugged him and said "They agreed to it". With that, Owen gave her a big kiss which she responded to with a little bit of tongue. He stood up while still holding Claire, and walked them both into the bedroom and put her down on the bed. They continued kissing and Owen sat up to take his shirt off. Claire still got thrown back sometimes, by the look of his torso. She was one lucky girl, she thought to herself right before he went down for more kisses.

Claire sighed in a satisfaction when Owen kissed her neck and pulled her closer to him. He buried his face in her hair and closed his eyes to enjoy this moment. "I love you" He said while his face was buried in her hair. Claire wasn't quite sure if she heard what she thought she heard so she turned around and found Owen just as surprised as herself. It just flew out of his mouth without him knowing. Claire was staring at him with big eyes and he didn't know what to do until she gave him a cute little laugh and said "I love you too" She gave him a kiss and snuggled into him with a smile on her face. He didn't know what to do, because of how surprised and relieved he was at that moment so he just pulled her as close to him as possible and kissed her hair. Claire smiled to herself and sighed happy.

Later that day, closing in on the evening. Claire and Owen had finally gotten out of bed, when Claire decided to call Karen and tell her the news. "Oh, hey Gray" Claire said when she noticed her little nephew pop up on the screen. "Hey aunt Claire" He said. "Where's your mom ? I kinda need to talk to her" Claire said. "She's making dinner, I can ask if she has time" Gray said. "Thank you Gray" Claire said and Gray jumped up from the chair to find his mom. When he came back he picked up the laptop. "She said I should bring you into the kitchen" He said while walking. "Okay" Claire said. Gray placed the laptop on the counter and walked out of the room. "Hey sis, sorry but I'm gonna have to peel potatoes while we talk" Karen said. "It's okay" Claire said. "So, what's new ?" Karen asked. "Well two things" Claire said. "Okay hit me" Karen said. "Okay first thing is that, I got a new job" Claire said and waited for Karen's reaction. "That's great, where ?" Karen said very excited. "Well, it's at Masrani Global, but it's not that bad actually. I don't have to take care of anything with Jurassic World or I wouldn't have said yes" Claire said trying to sound very convincing. "That's great sis" Karen said with excitement. "What's the other thing ?" Karen asked and Claire took in a deep breath. "Owen told me he loves me" She said and waited for her sisters overreaction, but it didn't go as Claire had thought. "This is way more important than potatoes" Karen said and left what she had in her hands and went over to the laptop. "When ?" Karen asked. "Earlier today" Claire answered. "You said it back right ?" Karen asked nervous. "Yes, of course" Claire said. "This is, amazing Claire, maybe a little early but. Amazing" Karen said. "Yea I know it's early but it was after....well we was in bed and he just said it, I could see on his face that it was a surprise for him too" Claire said. Karen laughed a little. Just after that, Owen walked through the front door with pizza. "Oh, gotta go. Food" Claire said. "Okay bye sis" Karen said and went back to her potatoes as Claire hung up. "You hungry honey ?" Owen asked and placed the pizza on the table. "Yes" Claire said happy while watching Owen by every move.

SORRY!!!!

That there was a two weeks break. I've bin really stressed out cuz of some camp trip with my class which isn't easy for me cuz of my anxiety and all that crap that follows.

But I pulled my sh*t together and started writing this.

Dunno if it's a good one or bad and I'm sry that there's 2 subjects in this one but I had to get this job thing over with and I can't do that in 1000 words so....

I hope you guys liked it tho.

BAI