17

______3MonthsLater______

Danae POV

**It has been three long ass months. I'm three months pregnant Dre gets into any and everything and Keenon isn't here. Keenon actually figured out that he had problems within himself. He had a lot of mental issues so he went to some type of therapy retreat thing to get help before the baby got here.

Today I have a doctors appointment to go and see the gender of the baby. This is one of the times that I actually wanted Keenon here but I knew and was almost relieved that he couldn't be. Kash was actually coming with me today and she was more excited than I was. She arrived at my house and we went to the appointment together. I pulled up at the doctor's office and we headed inside.

I filled out the needed paperwork and we waited for a good 20 minutes. Kash decided to stay in the waiting room with Dre because nobody felt like dealing with him in that ultrasound room. I laid down on the chair thingy and we proceeded with the ultra sound.

Doctor: (rubbing the jelly stuff with the ultrasound wand) So are we excited today?
Danae: Yes ma'am.(smiling)
Doc: Well here's the baby, and it's heartbeat.(turns the volume up)
Danae: (smiling)
Doc: And you are having a girl!
Danae: Thank you Jesus.
Doc: I see that's what we were hoping for.(laughing)
Danae: Yes ma'am. I have little boy already and he's a handful.(sitting up)

She gave me my pictures and I left the room. When I walked in the waiting room I saw Kash chasing Dre all around the waiting room and Dre had no pants on. I walked over to Dre and caught him and he just looked up and laughed at me. Kash was out of breath and looked frustrated. She side eyed me and handed me his underwear and pants. I laughed at her and we went back to the car. After we got Dre situated we were on our way back to the house. About half way there I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, but I picked up just in case.

|PhoneConversation|

Danae: Hello?
Lady: Yes is this Danae Magdaleno?
Danae: Yes this is she. Who is this?
Lady: Hi I'm with Greenlake Therapeutic Retreat and I'm calling about Keenon Jackson.
Danae: Okay then. What's the issue?
Lady: Well he's being discharged from our program because he has officially finished it and you were the only one on his contact list in our system.
Danae: (rolls her eyes) Um okay when do I need to come and get him?(sounding irritated)
Lady: You need to come get him by 5:45
Danae: Okay I'll be there.(hangs up)

I put my phone in the cup holder and Kash looked at me, being nosy.

Kash: Who was that?
Danae: Nosy ass.(pulling into the driveway)
Kash: Damn right now answer the question.
Danae: It was that retreat Keenon went to.
Kash: And?
Danae: And I have to go pick him up. It's 4:30 now so I'm actually about to leave.
Kash: You want me to come with you?
Danae: I mean if you want to.
Kash: Naw I'm 🅱ool. Call me tho.
Danae: (laughs) Okay luv
Kash: Aight boo.(blows a kiss at Dre) Bye boo bear.
Dre: (mean mugs her) Nasty
Kash: Meanie.(gets out the car)

I just laughed at the both of them and pulled back out the driveway. By the time I got to the retreat place it was 5:40. Dre was knocked out so I had to carry him inside.

Danae: Excuse me?
Lady: Yes?
Danae: Yes I'm here to pick up Keenon Jackson.
Lady: One second...(looks in her computer) You look a little young to have a son and be pregnant...
Danae: And you look a little too old to not be greasing down them edges but I ain't say shit did I?
Lady: (looks embarrassed, handing her papers)
Danae: (snatching them) Mhm.

I signed him out and waited for him to come out. This negro was taking all damn day to get his shit together but I finally saw him walking out with his suitcases and stuff. When he saw Dre and I a bug smile spread across his face. He walked over to us and took Dre from me.

Keenon: Dre wake up man.(kissing all over his face)
Dre: (knocked out)
Keenon: Not surprised.(chuckling, pulling Danae into a hug) I missed you.(kisses her forehead)
Danae: Thanks...
Keenon: Oh what you ain't miss a nigga?
Danae: (sighs) Yes Keenon I did miss you.
Keenon: Good. Now let's go.

We left the facility and headed back home. He decided to stay in the guest house so he won't be so far from Dre since he did just get home. By the time we got to the house Keenon had woke Dre up from his nap and Dre was all over the place. They ended up going straight to the guest house and I was fine with that because time alone was needed. I took a shower and put on some black spandex and a baggy, comfy, sweater. Then I went to the kitchen and started making dinner. I made shrimp fettuccine Alfredo because I really didn't even feel like making anything. I texted Keenon and told him that I made dinner and bit him and Dre barged in the house like they haven't eaten in days. When I looked at them they both were shirtless, they both had on navy blue underwear and long white socks. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

Danae: (laughing) Dre where are your clothes?
Dre: No clothes on Mommy!(jumping around)
Danae: I see.(laughing)
Keenon: (walking towards her) You barely have clothes on yourself...(biting his lip, looking her up and down)
Danae: No Keenon. No. We still have our own issues to work out.(making the plates)
Keenon: (hugging her from behind) You expect me to be home and you looking good pregnant with my seed and all, and not try to get at you? You didn't think this through.
Danae: (holds in a smile) Keenon move. I need to feed my child.(walking off, sitting Dre down feeding him)
Dre: I do myself?
Danae: Can you be careful?
Dre: (smacking on shrimp) Yes Yes.
Danae: You promise?
Dre: Mhm!
Danae: Okay fine...(handing him the fork)

We all sat down and ate and Keenon kept giving me 'TheEye'. You know the 'IWannaTearItUp' eye. I tried so hard not to look at him but when I would he would look away and vice versa. This was so childish but we were acting like some shy ass elementary kids. Dre got up and put his plate in the sink then came back and started drinking his apple juice.

Danae: Dre you such a big boy.
Dre: (smiling big) Thank you Mommy.(climbing on her lap, squeezing her face)
Danae: I guess you not gon go to sleep tonight because daddy is home...
Dre: Nope. I stay up today.
Danae: Okay but we're not going to be jumping around and stuff. Okay?
Dre: (squeezes and rubs her face) Okay.
Keenon: He always touching on your face like that.
Danae: I know. I used to do the same thing to my mom when I was little.
Keenon: Did you grow out of it?
Danae: (laughs) No. If my mom was still here I'd still be doing it.
Dre: Mommy?
Danae: Yes baby?
Dre: You, me and Daddy go lay down?
Danae: (looks at Keenon) I guess so.

Keenon looked at me and smiled wide and when I looked back at Dre he had the same goofy ass smile on his face. I laughed to myself and shook my head at them and we went upstairs. As usual Dre laid in the same damn position and of course had his little hand on my face while Keenon laid on his usual side of the bed and he put on TMNT movie(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Dre slowly but surely dozed off and Keenon and I were just up. I took Dre to his room when he was fully asleep and walked back in the room to a "sleeping" Keenon.

Danae: Keenon get the hell up! You know you are not sleep. We already talked about where you sleeping.
Keenon: (sits up) So it's like that?
Danae: It's exactly like that. I'm glad you back and all but we need to not jump right into this. So get to stepping Bruh.
Keenon: I'd rather not tho....(grabbing her arm, pulling her close) See I missed you...A Lot. So I'm going to sleep in here tonight and I'm going to be all up under you like I usually am and knowing you, you're going to let all this shit happen because let's face it. You missed me more than you think you did, and you love me right now more than you think you do. The best thing for you right now is to just not fight this because you already know I'm not going nowhere and I'm not just gon let you go anywhere...So just relax.(grips her booty)

After he said that....I damn near melted inside. Niagara Falls made its way to my panties and my knees got to buckling. I was so speechless at that point because he was right about all of it. I missed him so damn much and I loved him to pieces. No matter how hard I tried or wanted to fight my feelings I just couldn't. I just hides my head and he led me to the bed and we were all types of hugged up. He kissed my forehead and started rubbing my back.

Keenon: Goodnight Danae.(smirking)
Danae: Goodnight...
Keenon: I love you.
Danae: I love you too...(trying not to hop on that horse)

That night I had no words for how I felt. He went to that retreat to get his mind right and I think that's what happened. Hopefully he can stay this way and we can just be steady and happy for once....