Christmas

This has to be the hardest day ever. It's Christmas. I know Christmas is supposed to be the best holiday ever. Well it's also the first Christmas without mom. I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I strip down and step under the hot water. I hear someone open the door and figure it was Chris. After I'm done I wrap myself in a towel and dry off. I slide my leggings on after I slide my sweater on and blow dry my hair. Once it's dry I brush it and curl it. I walk out of the bedroom to see no sign of the twins or Chris. I grab my beanie and slide it on. I slide my boots on and jog downstairs. I see Scott and Carly playing with the twins. I walk in the kitchen where Chris and Shana are making cookies and brownies. Chris looks at me after he slides the brownies in the oven. I put my finger up to my lips signaling him to be quite.

"Shana!" I say followed by me laughing.

"Blake that's not funny," she whines.

"I'm sorry but I had to," I say trying to stop my laughter.

"It's okay it's Christmas no grudges," she says hugging me.

"It's Christmas," I hear a little familiar voice.

I walk in the living room to see Exton and my brother.

"Aunt Bwake," he says with a w instead of a l.

"Exton!" I say picking him up.

"I missed you," he says kissing my cheek.

"I missed you too buddy," I say smiling.

"Did I see someone kiss Aunt Blake's cheek?" Chris asks.

"Say yep," I whisper in his ear.

"Yep," Exton say popping the p.

"That's my cheek," Chris says kissing my other one.

"Back off she's my little sis," Robert says walking over.

I hand Exton to Chris and hug my brother.

"Let's go outside," I say pulling him out of the house.

Once we're out Robert pulls me close again.

"I miss her like hell," I say as tears well up in my eyes.

"So do I Blake," he says rubbing my back and plants a kiss on my head.

"How's dad holding up," I say wiping away tears.

"He's being dad. Trying to uh...keep busy so he doesn't get down," he says wiping away his own tears.

"Do I look like I've been crying. And be honest," I say with a little laugh.

"You look great," he says.

"Where's Suzan?" I ask as I open the door.

"She's working on things. To be honest I don't know," he says and I laugh.

Chris looks at me with concern in his eyes.

"You said I didn't look like I had been crying," I say to my brother at a whisper.

"I was getting chills," he says.

I walk over to Chris.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"Mom wants to know if you guys are ready to eat?" Shana says poking her head out of the kitchen.

After we eat Chris drags me upstairs.

"I need to tell you something," he says.

"Shoot," I say smiling.

"I have shooting for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I have to leave in two days," he says.

"Okay. Babe it's your job. It's my job to take pictures," I say with a smile.

He pulls me in our room and lays me on the bed. He presses his lips to mine. 

"It's Christmas. But I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say.

"Let's go back downstairs," he says.

We walk back down and I see a Britt standing there.

"Tom," I say jumping on his back.

"Blake!" He says mocking my tone.

I jump off his back and give him a hug. I walk over to Robert and take him out of Scott's arms.

"Hey," he says.

"What he's my child," I say with a smile.

I walk upstairs to change his diaper and put him and myself in pajamas. As I walk downstairs Chris is walking up. I take Robert downstairs to put him in his bouncer. Chris comes down and continues to hold Iris and talk to her. I decide to get Robert out and hold him up. His ocean blue eyes shine with the Christmas lights. Chris lays Iris on the other couch cushion and runs upstairs. He comes back down with a box. He sits on the floor and opens it. He separates all of the presents and picks up Iris and turns the lights on.

"Come on get down here," he says patting the spot next to him.

I sit on the floor next to him with Robert in my left arm. Chris hands me a present and I open it. It was from Tom.

"Look he got me tickets to London," I say smiling like a fool.

Chris takes a picture and opens a present for Iris.

"Look what Uncle Scott got you," he says. It's a little blanket that has Bambi, Thumper, and Flower on it.

I see Scott, Lisa, Carly and Shana come down the stairs.

"Hey I got her that," Scott says.

We continue unwrapping presents until I only have one left. It's from Chris.

"Chris you didn't have too," I say looking at the Disneyland tickets and plane tickets to Pairs.

"There's three tickets to Disney," he says.

"But there's four of us," I say.

"I want you and your brother to take your dad," he say smiling.

"I love you. Thank you," I say kissing him.

"I love you too," he says.

I look up to see Scott holding a mistletoe above our heads.

"Thanks for the help bro," Chris says smiling.

"Your welcome," Scott says sitting down.

These two are meatballs. The rest of the night we watch Disney movies with the twins. After we carry them to bed we fall on the bed. I lay my head on Chris's chest and listen to his heart beat and fall asleep to the sound.

Here's another chapter my little Doritos. I hope you enjoyed this one.
~~Tay