n u e v e

trigger warning - small mention of anxiety

dan howell let phil lester lead him into the kitchen, and he placed the chinese food on the breakfast bar. phil looked at dan with those piercing blue eyes of his. "do you want to get changed into something more comfortable?" he asked. dan nodded. "i'll grab something for you. i'll be a minute," phil said, lightly jogging down the hall to his room.

dan looked around phil's house. when he had been here at first, he was overly nervous, and not entirely focusing. now that he was calmer, he realized how nice and inviting phil's house was. there was a nice flow from one room to another. there were little photos and portraits stuck on every wall. the kitchen was painted a nice powder blue color, and from what he could see of the lounge, it was painted a pastel yellow. he liked how bright phil was, and he liked how bright his home was too.

"dan, come here a moment?" phil called, and dan shook himself from his thoughts. "coming!" he yelled, walking down the hallway and entering phil's room. "here," phil said, placing a pile of clothes into his hands. "o-okay, thanks," dan said. "you can get changed in the bathroom, second door on the right," phil smiled at him. dan nodded gratefully and went to the bathroom. he quickly changed into what phil had given him; a deep red t-shirt that read oscar's hotel  and a pair of black sweatpants. everything fit fine, and dan was pleased to find the clothes smelled strongly of phil. he looked in the mirror and smiled; things finally seemed to be perfect for him. 

dan walked out of the bathroom and back to phil's room. phil was standing at his closet, peering into it, a puzzled look adorning his face. "something wrong?" dan asked. phil looked up and his face changed completely, a grin spreading across his features. "no no, nothings wrong, boyfriend," he said, wrapping his arms around dan's waist. dan giggled. "boyfriend? that's a new nickname," he mused. phil kissed him behind his ear. "well, you are my boyfriend. i guess i just like to remind you," he whispered. dan felt a chill run through his spine, due to phil's breath on his ear. he blushed and turned around to peck phil's cheek. he could feel millions of butterflies, erupting in his chest, and he tried not to think about many things. he tried not to think of how perfectly phil's hands curved over his hips. he tried not to think of how his body molded perfectly into phil's, like they were two pieces cut from the same puzzle. he tried not to think of the approximate closeness that phil had brought upon him, and he tried not to think about how okay with that he was. he tried not to think about how deeply he had fallen for this boy who he hadn't met very long ago. he tried not to think at all - but of course he had to think about that to not think about, and that just meant more thinking.

"have i already told you how good you look in my clothes?" phil asked. "because you look really good in my clothes." he let go of dan and walked to the kitchen. dan followed, smiling bashfully at the compliment. phil took out plates for the two of them, and grabbed some forks. dan put some food on his plate, phil following suit. they microwaved the food and went into the lounge.

"dan, i have a question," phil said. dan could feel his anxiety start to eat away at him when he heard phil's words. "w-what i-is it?" he stuttered. "well, uhm.." phil looked nervous, not aiding dan's own feelings. "would you like to meet my friends louise, chris and pj?" he asked, biting his lip and looking anywhere but dan. dan wasn't used to phil's nervous attitude, and he giggled. "of course. i'd love to," he said. phil's face lit up. "really?" dan laughed again. "why are you so surprised i said yes?" he asked. "i don't know, i just thought you might be uncomfortable if i just went and introduced you without permission," he said quietly. "that's very sweet of you," dan gushed, and kissed phil's temple. phil beamed and took a bite of his food. "oh, and, uh, dan? could.. could i introduce you as my boyfriend? i mean obviously it's okay if you don't want me t-" dan cut phil off. "o-of course it's alright," he said softly. "i'd be honored to be known as phil lester's boyfriend," he giggled, bowing his head jokingly. "and i'm honored to be the boyfriend of dan howell," he said. he kissed dan then, and it felt as amazing as the first kiss. all fluff and fireworks.

"oh! that reminds me!" phil got up without warning, startling dan. "i have a canvas in my closet somewhere. that's what i was looking for earlier. would you like it?" he asked. dan's face broke out in a jaw-aching smile. "would you really give it to me?" he asked, and phil nodded. "i don't use it often, and you'd have more use for it," phil gave dan a crooked smile. dan jumped up and wrapped his arms around phil's neck. "you're too nice to me," he muttered. phil laughed. "i try love, i try."

/|\

around an hour later, the two boys were curled up together on the couch watching the vow. phil was already crying, dan giggling softly and kissing away his tears. dan was on phil's chest, phil's strong arms clutching on to dan like a security blanket. occasionally, phil would mutter something under his breath, like "but dan, they were in love!" and "no no no, you've got to remember." dan thought it was quite adorable, seeing phil this flustered over a movie. dan had to agree that the movie was sad, but he had seen it and cried to it before (on more than one occasion). 

dan was exhausted; dealing with ethan had sucked the energy out of him. he closed his eyes, attempting to fall asleep. phil must've thought dan was asleep, because he sniffled and croaked out, "i never want to forget us." he kissed dan's forehead, and dan smiled contentedly. he was in love with phil lester, and he believed phil loved him too. he fell into a sweet sleep, phil's quiet sniffles drifting away.

< a/n >

word count ; 1074

happy valentine's day!! sorry for this crap chapter (crapter hahahahaha i need to stop) i've had horrible writers block lately.