d i e z

phil lester was in love with dan howell, as cliche as that was. he had known dan for four days - four days! and yet here he was, waking up late on a saturday morning with the boy in his arms, whispering sweet nothings in his ear. phil decided to get up and make breakfast, like a good boyfriend would. as he got up to leave, he heard a small voice. "phil..?"

phil smiled softly to himself. "what is it darling?" he asked. "you remember when we went to starbucks, right?" dan said weakly. phil chuckled. "of course love. it was only a few days ago." dan giggled. "oh yeah. it feels like forever ago," he said. phil nodded. "it does, doesn't it?" he said. "well, you remember when i said i hadn't met the person who put the stars in the sky?" he continued. phil nodded. "yeah?" dan smiled groggily. "well, i think i know who that person is," he mumbled. "and who would that be?" phil asked, amused by his boyfriend's tired state. "you phil," he said. phil blushed. his entire body felt as if it were on fire. he must've stood there silent for a bit longer than he thought, because the next noise that came from dan's mouth was a snore. phil grinned and shook his head, thinking, how did i get so damn lucky?

phil walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer door. inside there wasn't much; phil's mum must've eaten the waffles the other morning. the only things in the freezer were mac and cheese, lasgna, a pizza, and some potato skins. he chuckled softly to himself and pulled out the mac and cheese. it would have to do.

phil scanned the back of the box and saw he could put it in the microwave. he popped it in, and made sure to watch so he could pop it out before the buzzer could go off, so that it wouldn't wake dan. it turned it he didn't have to watch for the buzzer because dan shuffled into the kitchen about a minute after he put the mac and cheese in the microwave. dan wrapped his small hands around phil's waist, and phil chuckled. "good morning love," he said, turning around to gently kiss dan's forehead. dan's smile brightened. "good morning boyfriend," he hummed happily. "oh, so now i'm boyfriend?" phil asked, laughing. "well, you are my boyfriend so.." dan grabbed at phil's hands and messed with his fingers. phil chuckled softly.

in a few moments, the microwave's alarm right now. "breakfast's ready!" phil announced. dan looked at him quizically before he took the dish out of the microwave. dan raised a questioning eyebrow. "mac and cheese?" he asked. "for breakfast?" he giggled and kissed phil's cheek. "i love you, you weirdo," dan said, before grabbing two forks. "what, no plates?" phil asked. dan grinned and shook his head. "you can share, can't you?" he asked, sticking a fork into the mac and cheese and taking a bite. phil beamed back and took his fork from dan, stabbing a few noodles.

/|\

to ; group - louiseee, p to the j, kendall popcorn

hey guys! are you all cool with meeting up for lunch at beatleys? maybe around 1? i want you all to meet someone :-)

from ; louiseee

is is by any chance that new boy dan you never shut up about?

to ; group - louiseee, p to the j, kendall popcorn

could be

from ; kendall popcorn

i'm free

from ; p to the j

yeah, i can make it

from ; louiseee

wouldn't miss it for the world!

from ; kendall popcorn

huff, pushover -_-

to ; group - louiseee, p to the j, kendall popcorn

cool! i'll see you all around 1!

read by p to the j, kendall popcorn, and louiseee at 11:53

phil closed his message app. "dan?" he asked. "hmm?" dan hummed, looking up from his own phone. "you up for lunch with some of my friends in an hour or so?" phil asked. "sure," he replied distractedly, waving his hand dismissively. "alright well, it's about noon. i'll grab you come clothes, yeah?" phil said. dan nodded and followed phil down the hall to his room.

phil pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and an adventure time t-shirt. "here," he said, throwing them in dan's direction. "uh-uhm, phil?" dan piped. "hmm?" phil hummed, looking through his drawers again. "c-could i, uh.. borrow a pair of.. yanno.." dan trailed off, and phil chuckled. "you need a pair of boxers?" he asked, and dan nodded quickly. phil tossed him a pair, and he muttered a quick, "thank you," before scuttling out of the door.

five minutes later, phil was pleased with his outfit. he didn't know why he cared so much, he just did. he ended up going with a red plaid button up and black skinny jeans. when he came out into the lounge, dan was talking to someone. is he on the phone? phil wondered, but he turned the corner to see his mum sitting on the couch with dan. "dear lord," phil muttered, praying she wasn't saying anything embarrassing. much to his dismay, she was.

dan watched phil's mum amusedly as she chattered on. "oh phil talks about you all the time! you know, i do believe he has a bit of a crush on you, if you don't mind me saying," she mused, and dan watched her with a smirk. "i think so too, ms. lester. i do hope he does. i suppose i have a bit of a crush on him," he chuckled, and phil decided to intervene. "who's this dan has a crush on?" he asked smugly, crossing his arms over his chest. phil's mum looked like a deer caught in headlights, but dan  didn't skip a beat. "evan peters. he's quite attractive, wouldn't you say ms. lester?" quickly catching on, ms. lester nodded. "oh yes!"

phil rolled his eyes, but he doubted dan nor his mother had seen. "mum, a word please?" he beckoned to the kitchen. ms. lester followed, sending dan a nervous smile. "what is it dear?" she asked, once behind the walls of the kitchen. "what were the two of you talking about while i was gone?" he asked suspiciously. "what do you mean?" his mum pulled an innocent act. "we were discussing evan peters, like dan told you." phil sighed. "don't lie to me mum," he pleaded, putting on a puppy dog look that he knew his mother couldn't resist.

"fine, fine, fine! we were talking about you, phil. oh i just told you he was gay!" ms. lester exclaimed giddily. "i hate to inform you,  but you're a bit late to the party," phil chuckled. "what do you mean?" ms. lester questioned, frowning. "well, dan happens to be my boyfriend.." he said slowly. his mum's eyes grew at least three sizes, but she was grinning widely. "oh honey, that wonderful! i do like him. he's quite a good chat," she said. phil laughed. "that he is," he said, walking back into the lounge.

"you ready to go to lunch?" phil asked, putting out a hand to pull dan up. he smiled and nodded, taking phil's hand. phil thought he was going to let go, but instead, dan brought their hands down to their sides and intertwined them. "mum, i'll see you later," phil called. ms. lester poked her head out from behind the wall. "oh, aren't you two cute," she gushed. dan's cheeks tinted a bright pink, and he looked down at his hand locked in phil's. "i'll see you boys later. and be safe!" she yelled as the two were leaving the house. any normal person would've appreciated ms. lester's concern, but phil knew what his mother actually meant. "you make me sick!" he responded, and before closing the door he heard his mother laugh.

"what was that about?" dan asked. phil opened the car door and let go of dan's hand. "nothing love," he replied, placing a kiss on dan's forehead before getting into the car himself.

(a/n)

word count ; 1338

i love writing about phil's mom yEs