d o c e

phil lester thought that dan howell's parents were truly lovely. the dinner was uneventful, but so very nice. after dinner, dan's parents left for the night, claiming they were staying with an old friend. phil saw the sneaky wink mrs. howell flashed at him, but he took it in stride.

"hey phil?" dan asked quietly. they were sitting in his room, just listening to music making the occasionally comment about it, just enjoying each other's company. "what's up babe?" phil replied, kissing his forehead gentely. "c-could i read you my project? i've finished it, and i just want to know if it's okay.." he requested shyly, and phil nodded, draping an arm around his waist and pulling the boy closer. dan's smile widened, if only slightly. "can i read you mine after? i want to make sure you're alright with everything i said is alright," phil asked, and dan nodded. "alright, so promise you won't talk until i've finished?" he said. "i promise," phil agreed. "alright," dan said, sighing before starting.

"over this time period, i have gotten to know phillip micheal lester very well. i've found out things, both small and big. i've found out small things, like his favorite animal - it's the lion, by the way - and bigger things, like his full name. and no matter how many facts about phil i know, like his favorite color - which is blue -, there is more to phil lester than just facts. there's skin and bones. there's his voice and his eyes and his smile when you walk in the room because it makes you feel like you're the only other person on the planet. there's the way he carries himself; like's so confident. and there's the side of him he hides, vulnerable and insecure. there are few ways to break phil lester down, and many ways to lift him up. i've had the opportunity and the pleasure to be forced upon him for this project, and most people would have rejected me right away because i'm a new kid, but he invited me in with open arms. if it weren't for this project, i wouldn't a best friend who i cherish, or a boyfriend who i love." dan looked up and in that moment, phil could practically see the adoration in his eyes. he kissed dan's forehead, his own eyes starting to tear up.

"phil lester is difficult to describe with only words, because he is movement. he is action. he's the dance that you save for your crush, and he's the night you spend laying down and staring at the sky. he's not only action and words, but he's feeling. he's the feeling of falling asleep after a long day, and the feeling of stepping into a warm shower, the temperature just right.

"and i was supposed to get to know phil lester, so here's your facts. he was born and raised in this town, and has never been out of the country. he dreams of going to japan because of his love for anime. he's okay at mario kart, but i beat him every time we play," dan grinned up at phil and phil hit his arm. "he's also a sore loser.." dan mumbled jokingly. "stop bullying me!"  phil cried, and dan kissed him to shut him up. "you promised you wouldn't talk!" he pointed out, and phil mimed zipping his lips. dan continued on.

"he has an intense love of muse. we agree there. and his love for gaming is almost as intense. his birthday is the thirtieth of january, and he's lactose intolerant. he also hates cheese, which is practically in human.." phil pouted and dan chuckled and kissed his nose. "i'm just kidding. but still, i've come to known phil lester, and i'm so very thankful that i do. he once asked me who i thought put the stars in the sky, and i can now say it'd be him."

dan smiled lightly at phil, and phil grinned back. "well i can't exactly compete with that, can i?" he asked. dan said nothing, but phil could tell he was beaming. "alright my turn!" he exclaimed. he opened up the notes on his phone. "you wrote it on your phone?" dan asked, laughing, and phil nodded. "nothing wrong with that!" phil defended, and dan just sighed happily.

"daniel james howell was born on june eleventh in wokingham. he has since moved all around the united kingdom, and has settled here, where you see him now. he is a wonder, and if there is any better word for him, then i don't know it. he is an artist, and although he can draw and paint like no other, i think his greatest achievement is the work of art that he is. he's a bushing, stuttering mess and that's beautiful to me," phil smirked down to dan, who had hidden his presumedly blushing face in the crook of phil's neck. phil kissed the back of his head before continuing to read what he had typed. 

"he keeps me awake at night, in the best sort of way. he loves the sunset and talking about the world like we aren't a part of it. and everyone probably just did a round of twenty questions with their partner for this project, but dan took the time to actually get to know me, and for that, i am extremely grateful. plus he gives me food sometimes." dan giggled at this.

"and i know this wasn't very long but it's hard to find words to describe him. thanks."

dan laughed at the end. "what?" phil asked defensively. "i thought it was sweet," he said, frowing. dan pecked his frowning lips. "no babe, it was, i promise," he said. 

both boys were happy with each other, and in that moment, everything was right, for both of them.

< a/n >

this is the end!! i dunno i think i should end it here. i hope you liked it :-) also i have decided to take it out of the wattys because i think this is not my greatest writing but i'd like to keep it up to show how i've progressed as a writer. originally it was to be longer, but i made the plot very fast (which i sort of regret but what can you do?) so yeah! i hope you enjoyed man. thanks for coming on this crazy ride with me.