-chapter 3: a business deal-

Aaaaand chapter 3. I'm exited that I'm able to upload daily, it's really nice instead of making you guys wait forever since it seems I've been keeping this fic on the down low for weeks. This one is the best one out of the three, but the next chapter is my favorite so far.

-chapter 3: a business deal-

Adrien's gaze seemed to lock on her after his father made the proposal to him. He could tell she was nervous, so much so she was hiding her face. He felt a pang in his chest. "F-father I..... I don't know" he attempted to break his gaze, but he could only do so for a second, as her small frame was almost shaking from being so nervous, embarrassed, and the feeling of guilt ran through his veins.

"Well I'm eventually going to need an answer, two I don't knows isn't a very good business deal." He said softly, moving his book to the side, looking at both of them, back and forth from the two. He could feel the way Adrien was looking at her, and he knew his son couldn't say no. His look of... Endearment. He could read his son like an open book in the moment, as Adrien stared at the girl. He was thinking about being married to the small one. He even almost smiled.

"I-I can't just have you ask me this and give you a yes or a no right away, dad. We're not just a prince and a princess you can auction off! What if she doesn't even want to marry me? She has so much potential in this world." He wasn't against the idea. Not at all. Sure the two of them didn't talk THAT much, but he wasn't getting married anytime soon, he knew he wasn't even going to DATE anyone soon, and he knew his old romance with ladybug was long gone. Maybe... They could give it a try.

Tears were evidentially streaming down Marinette's cheeks, all the feelings were overwhelming her and she couldn't believe she was crying in front of her boss and ex-crush, it was so stupid, she felt so stupid. "Hey" she felt Adrien's precense grow closer to her, and the warmth of his hand on her back made her sigh. He was always perfect. Always knew what to do.

"I never said I didn't want to marry you, Marinette." His hand gently rubbed up and down her back, his other reaching slowly for her arm to slowly, gently take it away from her face. When she looked up at him, a reassuring smile grew on his face, as he wiped a few tears away. "Don't think you're not good enough or something. You're brilliant." He could feel his dad grinning. It almost sickened him a little, he knew his father was trying to help the business but. Really? This was the way to go about it?

"I have another idea, a more... Plausible idea. At least in the mind of the media." Marinette looked up from her crying, her cheeks still flushed and red hot as he scribbled things down on a piece of paper. Both of them seemed on the edge of their seats, Adrien's hand still gently on her arm, unintentionally rubbing it to continue to comfort his friend. Marinette's thoughts were still running at a mile a minute, her head was heavy and drowsy from all the things going on, the warm hand on her arm and the soft patter of rain that had started on the window being the only things to comfort her.

"Maybe if I give you two time to decide. Let's say...... 8 months to a year, so you two can get to know one another. If you don't want to get married by the end of it, we drop it." It was silent, as the two looked at one another, waiting for the other to answer before them. Neither of them wanted to say the wrong thing, as the designer started to impatiently tap his pen on the glass table, the two of them not even breaking eye contact, as they exchanged eyebrow raises, and then warm, warm smiles and nods.

"I... I think we can do that..." His hand slowly slid down her arm to meet her hand, their fingers slowly winding together, him reassuringly squeezing it and leaning into her, just so slightly. They exchanged glances again, her nodding, a little more sure of herself. "We can do that. There will have to be pr, dates and photoshoots I'm guessing?" He looked at Marinette, who already seemed engrossed with it. She wasn't a model, she wasn't a celebrity. Sure she could dream, but she didn't have the training Adrien did.

"Hey, don't worry about it, I got you." As his father circled things, he called Nathalie in and handed her the papers, telling her to make changes in his sons schedule already.

"You two are together, as of tomorrow. You'll be seen together at a cafe, we need to pick out your outfits and we'll hire paps to see you, make sure you both look happy." He stood up, taking a deep breath in. Most of his agenda was very much behind due to his elongated meeting with the assistant and his son, but he didn't really mind. This was a much better pay off in the end. "Miss Marinette, your designs will be shown at the Paris fashion week in 3 months. I'll give you the details in an email." And with that he left, leaving the 23 year old and the 24 year old in the cold room, her taking a few deep breaths in.

"A lot to take in, it is for me too." He slowly stood, helping her stand as well, she was wearing heels and seemed very out of it. "Why don't you take them off? I'll hold them." He smiled warmly at her, something about the way she was warmed his heart. Or was that just because now they were supposedly dating? Either way he took the shoes, walking hand in hand with her down the stairs and into another wing, naturally leading her to his room. "You can sketch in there, or nap, if you want"

"N-no I..... I want to. To talk I guess" she laughed, sniffling again and wiping under her cheeks. She was so weak for crying. Wasn't this supposed to be a good thing? The boy she had been in love with since day one was going to be her husband. But... Did he want to be?

"We can do that too. Talking is... Talking is good."