-chapter 6: meeting 2.0-

now THIS is somethin that is gonna lead us somewhere TBH I love tHEM A LOT BYE TAKE THIS AND LET ME RUN
------

Marinette walked through the large building, smiling and waving at some of her co-workers as they talked over coffee, making her way all the way to the top floor. Gabriel needed to see her again, with updates on her designs. But she knew that wasn't the only thing.

He wanted an update on her relationship. It was plain and simple, he wanted to make sure things were going according to plan. People believed it, girls were jealous as ever, their photos were all over magazines. Everything a fake relationship could buy.

She checked in with Nathalie casually, her two binders proudly in her hands. Even if she wasn't absolutely madly in love with Adrien yet, it was still an honor to have private meetings with one of the most influential names in fashion.

"Hello Mr. Agreste! I have my updates" she placed the binders before him, relaxing into the chair. Something about being in a fake relationship with his son was relieving. He trusted her, he had faith in her. She didn't feel like she could fail him.

"Thank you, Miss Marinette." He quickly flipped through the pages, his hands running over a few fabric choices. "What about this one in green?" He mumbled, writing a small note next to it, as well as a few others.

"Maybe we make that one in multiple colors, I personally like it in purple." She bit her lip, thinking about it in blue and green, as well as pink and purple. "Hmm" as he rolled away in his chair and came back, he had color swatches ready.

"This blue is a nice tone. How was your date with him yesterday?" He dropped it very lightly, like it was nothing. But it wasn't nothing to Marinette.

"The dinner was really nice, he was a true gentleman, as always. Our.... Our relationship has developed, I guess" she smiled softly, watching him look up with a smile. He knew, right away. "W-we're not in love or anything yet! But we care for one another, a lot a lot. He'd do so much to protect me and I'd do so much to protect him."

"This is good, is this a yes?" Quickly she shook her head. She needed more time, it had only been 3 weeks. She needed more time. She felt he did too, deciding to get married after 3 weeks wasn't a good idea.

"How about something different than dates... I was thinking about booking Adrien an interview where he talks allll about you, but I think I have a better idea." The smile on his face made her nervous, as he closed up the books. "How about I ship the two lovebirds off on a vacation?"

"A-a vacation? But the spring line-"

"I will give you all the fabrics and anything you need to design. You can call me whenever." He held his hand out, her raising her eyebrows. "Give me your phone, I will give you my personal number."

No one had his personal cell phone except Nathalie. And she only had it, because she was the link between the rest of the company and him. Now she was the first employee to have personal contact with him, and it was more than a big deal to her. 'Shut up Marinette, he's trying to be your father-in-law, of course he's going to give you his personal number', she told herself, but it still all felt like a dream.

"I have a vacation home in Greece I haven't used since Adrien was 7, you two could go there for two weeks, post some pictures, I could even send a crew down there to take professional photos." He suggested the idea to her, her hesitating.

"No crew. We'll take plenty photos on vacation." She smiled and nodded, him opening up his laptop. "Can I ask Adrien first? I can go to the site of his photoshoot...." As Nathalie popped in, she explained that there was a mistake in Adrien's outfit, and that it needed altering. "I'll do it, and I'll talk to him. I'll call you about it when I'm done." She stood up, smiling and thanking him, walking off to get into the car they already had arranged for her.

--

Adrien groaned as he heard they were sending a stylist. whenever this happened, the girls would always flirt with him like crazy, and it made him insane. He hated it when outfits weren't perfect, usually he just dealt with it, but sadly the outfit being two sizes too big was just too much this time.

He groaned as the car rolled up, looking at his phone to distract him. But as he heard that gorgeous giggle and a hello, he looked up to see his 'girlfriend', a smile appearing on his face. At least she was someone who would respect his boundaries, even if it was ironic. His girlfriend of all people.

"Hey babe!" He forced the pet name out, hugging her close. "I'm so glad he sent you, I haven't seen you all day!"

"Of course! Me and him were having a conversation, and you needed help! Anything for my baby." She winked at him, both of them sharing a soft laugh. They had gotten quite good at pretending to be affectionate. He even craved it, sometimes. Even if it was all fake he craved being the center of her attention.

"Alright, wow, how did someone mess up this bad?" She got down on her knees, him already knowing what to do as he fixed up his pants, the camera crew taking a quick lunch break. "This outfit is gonna look good, once I can actually fix it up."

"I hope so. Why were you and father having a conversation?" He raised his eyebrows at her, flashing her a smile. "Was he talking about your gorgeous designs?"

"That, and we were talking about you."

"Me? Why me?" He knew to stay as still as possible, he had been pricked by a pin on his thighs too many times. "What did he get you up to?"

"Well..... I got you out of an interview. But we're gonna do something more fun instead." She was exited, exited was definitely good. And thank the lord, no interviews. He hated the endless 'what do you look for in a girl' or 'would you ever date a fan?' It was tiring and he was glad to have as little as possible.

"What's so fun? It seems he got you exited."

"He said we could go on vacation!"

He raised his eyebrows. "What do you definite as a vacation? Because sure I've been out of the country, but never without a huge photo crew."

"No! He said we could just go you and me! Just us, together in Greece." She giggled and moved up to his shirt, taking his jacket off to quickly hem and pick at it, making it smaller and smaller, until it attractively fit to his body. "Now just your jacket, and then my work will be done. we obviously don't have dates worked out, but does t sound fun to you?"

"Loads. I'll text you later."