- chapter 10: fake -

SO I MAY HAVE GOTTEN INSPIRED A LOT BY MY GIRLFRIEND, AND SHES SO LOVELY SO I SAT DOWN AND WROTE THIS. I hope you enjoy death :) bc I do too :)

---
Adrien had never loathed a word so much in his life.

The first few times she'd say it, his smile would falter a teeny bit but usually he'd recover. She didn't mean anything big by it, she was, just, stating the facts. He wasn't supposed to even find it bothersome, really. She didn't mean anything by it.

But as the hours went on, it turned into a large word in her vocabulary. She was almost, exited to use it. She'd look around and smile after she said it, a word only meant to be heard by him and her. As the hours went on of them two going on their little vacation, he noticed how fake and scripted her movements were, too. He realized how much thought she put into it, she was really fooling everyone.

Even him.

And that was the problem.

"Come on Adrien, you want to dance with your fake girlfriend, don't you?"

Adrien ran a hand through his hair and forced out a chuckle as she said it again. Fake. Just the way she pronounced it made his skin itch and crawl and hurt. He looked away to hide a grimace. Why did it have to be fake? Why couldn't it be any other word, why fake. He clenched his fists and bit his lip, realizing he hadn't given her a reply yet, the soft music in the background only making his thoughts worse.

He nodded silently, taking her hand and pulling her close, swaying to the music with her. All of it was fake. Fake upon fake upon fake. Her little smile was fake, the way she laughed was fake, her kissing him for fucks sake, it was all fake. She didn't have feelings for him and he shouldn't have feelings for her. But god dammit, why did she need to use the stupid word fake?

"You okay? You seem.... Tense." She bat her eyes up at him, raising her eyebrows for a few moments. Fake, fake fake fake. He had to remind himself. Just in case someone was going to walk in on them, they were all like this. Just oh so possibly in case someone were for a split second to think they were-

"I'm good. fine, really."

His own gruff voice surprised him, he was tired of the day already. He was scared that he was growing tired of Marinette in general. And as Adrien pulled her closer and swayed through the room with her, the words burned in his mind, that he would never be her real boyfriend or her real husband or her real soulmate. Hed always be her prince, perfectly arranged.

He truly felt sick.

The next song was silent between the two of them, her face hidden in the crook of his neck, his hands gripping her a little gentle as he attempted to clear his mind of the word. Maybe pretend she never said it, he didn't know but he needed a solution, fast.

He was building walls, good, strong, sturdy walls. He would be fine, just like every other thing in his life.

"Do you think we'll ever have fake kids?"

What he thought was sturdy was like hay in that low blow.

As the walls came crashing down, he pulled away in disgust. He looked at her with a grimace, and could feel his heart and head filling up to the brim with rage, ready to blow.

So he did.

"What the hell?"

"What?"

"Fake? Really? How many times are you going to say that today? Fake house, fake boyfriend, fake girlfriend, fake marriage, he'll, you even said fucking fake hamster! What the hell, Marinette?" His fists clenched in his hands, his eyebrows furrowing. "Now you're even calling human lives fake!"

"What? I was just playing-"

"Don't even use that excuse with me! Marinette why is being with me so bad that you have to point out that it's fake every 5 fucking minutes! Why can't we just act like we're real dating, for like, 5 seconds!" He stomped his foot, feeling hot tears stream down his face. He felt so stupid, to think he could actually fall for her and hold her hand maybe have her love him back. All she wanted was the stupid company, he should've known.

"I don't..... Adrien do you know the definition of an arranged marriage?"

"Why can't you just let something not fake happen for once in my life? Well if you're gonna shut me down like that, two can play at that game."

As he started to walk away he felt a small hand around his arm, viciously shaking it off and rolling his eyes, stomping up the stairs. Somewhere in between the stairs and the slamming of his door the music stopped, and his body collapsed on the bed, his pillow already hot from his tears.

He couldn't believe he let her in, that he thought maybe he could finally have something with someone. She was just like his father, possibly even worse. She actually pretended she cared. She actually pretended she loved him and that she wanted to be with him. He always thought that maybe if his father pretended he'd be okay, but God, he never wanted anyone to pretend with him ever again.
---
rip :))))))