- chapter 11: new beginnings -

SINCE THE FANDOM IS IN PANIC AND TLBATB ONLY MADE IT WORSE I DEICDED ID GIVE YOU GUYS SOME STUFF SO YOURE NOT (AS MUCH) #DYING ANYMORE

--
Marinette stopped the music with a click of the button, staring up at the tall blonde who stomped up the remaining stairs, and slammed the door behind him, feeling herself jump a little. She looked away at the floor, feeling extremely guilty about her actions, completely oblivious to the effect it had given the boy.

To be perfectly honest, she was trying to push him away. She didn't think he wanted her affections, and had tried to laugh it off with a little thing to remind her that she wasn't close to him, she wasn't supposed to be. She was the next suitor for a fashion empire, not his perfectly picked wife. She wasn't supposed to be close to him.

So she tried to get herself into a perfect routine of push and pull. Push, pull, push, pull. It would be fine, enough to keep them close but not too close. Believable for the media.

She didn't expect, that literally after 1 singular day of this, he would be broken in his room.

She slumped on the couch and stared at the wall, reviewing the things she said. Wow, fake kids? She did feel pretty bad about that one. As she continued in her thoughts, her eyebrows furrowed and she pulled a blanket over her, biting her lip. She didn't know how to apologize.

Well, sorry was a good start. But you can't just waltz into your arranged boyfriend's room and just go sorry and he just magically forgives you and you live happily ever after, especially when feelings are the main problem.

So Marinette sat for a good hour, thinking, rubbing her temples and thinking about everything she said to him, everything she was sorry for, maybe even things she wanted to confess to him. The words he said repeated in her head over and over. More specifically, "Why can't we just act like we're real dating, for like, 5 seconds!" and "Why can't you just let something not fake happen for once in my life?" were the ones that stung the most.

Had he wanted her? She felt embarrassed. She hadn't even noticed, she assumed he was playing the game just like she was. Suddenly she felt really, really terrible about it, and could feel the hot tears down her own face. He wanted to love her, possibly. Maybe.

Hopefully, or else she was gonna look like a really big idiot when she walked in there.

She felt the thumping of her heart turn into slamming as the loud squeaks of her coming up the stairs filled the silent house, she was very embarrassed, very frustrated and very disappointed, all in herself.

Her hand hesitated at the door, hell, she even thought about not doing it at all. Her hand shook as it would grip the door handle, then brush off, but grip it again. She continued the vicious cycle of anxiety, until she let out a loud huff and used her force to push the door open, biting her lip as she gazed upon the mess on his bed.

The sheets were sprawled around his legs, any other blanket kicked off, and any pillow he could find surrounding him in a barricade like fashion. Most of his face was hidden in a pillow, but from what she could see, red and blotchy cheeks, and messy, messy hair. His hand was gripped around the t-shirt he had taken off, wet. He had been using it as his towel for his tears. Her heart stopped all at once, her stomach dropping into the abyss.

Adrien truly hadn't noticed her until now, and felt his cheeks go even more red than they were as he noticed her standing there, silently. He had been too caught up in his own thoughts.

"Go away" he weakly mustered, turning onto his stomach so she could no longer see his face, him groaning as he heard her move closer. "Please..."

"I didn't know I was hurting you." She moved forward, slowly, her hands clasped together. She was trying her best to delicately talk to him, she really, really didn't want to get into a screaming match with the boy, it would do no good for either of them.

"Well you were. It's fine, I'll just forget about it." His voice was muffled as he hid in the pillow, and seemed to cover himself with more pillows. He said something else, but she could only make out the word 'stupid.' And that was about it. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she sat on the end of the bed hesitantly.

"I was..... I didn't want to let you in."

Silence. She bit her lip and looked down at the floor, tapping her feet on the cold wood gently. "I..... Thought you wouldn't love me that way, so.... I pushed you away. I wasn't just telling you this was fake, I was reminding myself it was fake. I didn't realize that you'd be hurt, I-I....." She felt tears well up in the corners of her eyes, as she quickly tried to bat them away, the motion doing nothing to help, tears instead starting to roll down her cheeks. "I-I'm so sorry... I never want to hurt you..." Her voice shook, just like her hands and her heart.

Adrien moved a pillow just a smidge, and turned on his side, watching the girl. Her body shook, tears fell down her cheeks, and her face was really, really broken. Before he knew it, he felt his hand gently crawl out of his blanket cocoon, and gently find its way into hers. If he wasn't going to speak, he could at least comfort.

"God, Adrien, if you wanted a real relationship you should have just told me, I wouldn't have done any of this."

"But do you want a real relationship?"

His voice sounded like thin broken glass, weak, sharp around the edges, in pieces. She felt her own heart stab a little with the sound of it. She squeezed his hand tighter, and turned back to look at him, well, the inch of his face that wasn't covered.

"Of course I do, god dammit how are you so oblivious" she laughed softly, and as she felt the tug of his arm she pulled some of the pillows off, crawling in next to him, her hands pressed up on his chest. "I'll have you know, I used to have the biggest crush on you all through lycee." They shared a broken laugh, his eyes drooping closed.

"So we're gonna try this? For real this time?" She mused, her hands gently slipping into his hair.

"For real this time." His fingers held her waist tight, and they sealed the deal with a kiss.

Okay, kissES.
--
Ok this was shittily written lmao but have fun with my bullshit babies getting together for realz