-chapter 7: planes r fun-

I'm so sorry that this is short but I really didn't know what to do with this teeny lil transition chapter. Next one will be longer! I promise. This one is still cute tho still cute tho.

--

Adrien dragged the suitcase behind him, packed for 2 weeks exactly. Every lunch, every tourist attraction, every moment they had for themselves was all planned out, and was given to them on a piece of paper, which she held in her hand, slightly wrinkled.

"I've never had a vacation that wasn't for my parents work before" she smiled wide, bouncing on her toes happily. Greece, just the two of them. Their "private" vacation, their two weeks to just learn about one another (and take as many 'sickeningly adorable' photos as possible).

"Me either. This is the first time I kinda... Get time alone, you know?" He smiled down at the exited girl, who was humming a silly tune. He felt his heart warm, her excitement was quite contagious. He had grown quite attached to her after being with her so often, being married to her wouldn't be bad in the slightest. He actually silently thanked his father, at least it wasn't Chloe. Oh god, at least it wasn't Chloe.

"Well you won't technically be alone, but trust me, I'll give you alone time when you need it." She smiled wide, linking their hands together as they boarded the first class jet for them. "Wow.... Oh my god!" She knew they were rich, but damn, sometimes she forgot. "I'm so exited that I barley even slept. Hopefully I can nap on the plane before our one and only pap session before complete solitude."

The flight to Athens was 3 and a half hours, and both of them had brought plenty to make them occupied, but somehow had grown bored after the first hour, simply sitting next to one another, as he mindlessly plaid a little game on his phone, trying to distract himself from his running thoughts about her. "I think it's time for that nap" it came out of her mouth coated by a yawn, Adrien putting the phone down for a moment to wrap her up in a blanket and put a pillow down for her.

He yawned, the blonde's arms reaching up to the sky momentarily. "You know, a nap sounds pretty great right now." He grabbed his own pillow and fluffed it up, putting it behind his head to sit back and close his eyes. He attempted to sleep for a good 10 minutes, but simply couldn't. His thoughts were running like a stampede, screaming in his mind.

They were going to be alone in Greece. Just them two, in a nice house with a nice pool and a nice view. It made him all.... Warm. Very warm and cozy thinking about it. They could snuggle up next to one another on a couch, they could go swimming together, they could go for long walks.... Wait what?

Adrien couldn't fall for her. She was his arranged wife. Usually those things didn't work out. They weren't supposed to, that would be too cliche. Even if he always knew he'd have an arranged marriage, he always taught himself to be destined to be placed next to miss perfect, not with his old classmate.

She had been on his mind a lot, actually never fully leaving his mind. He was always thinking about her, when he would see her next, when their next date was. He was exited, at least that's what he thought it was compared to. He would probably actually enjoy dating the girl, if it wasn't for their every move being planned out.

He hadn't noticed how his arm had draped around her, and how her head laid in his lap. How she had curled up into a ball, and how small she was. Wow, she was tiny compared to him. Not short to say, but tiny. Tiny. He hadn't noticed the sleepy smile on her face, or how her heartbeat slowed, and his only sped up. Nope, he totally wasn't watching her every movement. With adoration, nonetheless.

He felt his cheeks burn red. She was so, so wonderful. It had hit him just how lucky he was to be arranged with someone like Marinette.

Maybe his dad always knew this was how it'd go. Maybe Father was waiting for a girl like this one for him, a girl who could take over the business but not absolutely annoy him to death.

"Adrien, why aren't you sleeping? Come hereeee." He snapped out of his thoughts as the girl sleepily mumbled to him, his slightly shocked expression melting into a warm smile and nod of agreement, as he got up and let her got situated, slipping right up next to her, they were spooning and he definitely wasn't the big spoon.

"Sorry. Got a lot on the mind."

"Anything you want to share?"

".... Nah. Let's just go to sleep, okay?"

And he did, her warm arms opening the pearly gates to envelop him in sleep.

--

Adrien awoke two hours later, his head gently placed in her lap as Marinette threw her hair into a bun and redid her makeup. "Hello beautiful" his smile was oh so gentle, just delicately placed there as he looked up at his girlfriend.

"What's up, hot stuff?" She joked, pausing for a moment to look down at him with a grin. "You aren't too bad for a husband, you know?"

"And you, aren't too bad for a wife."

And with that they got up, linked arms, and got out into the airport.

--