-chapter 13: an offer-

this chapter was actually fun to write bc of many reasons thanks have fun reading
---
Paris' grey clouds and March air enveloped the two as they stepped off the plane, her taking in a familiar breath of air.

Thankfully it wasn't raining in Paris, just cold and cloudy, but it was a lot better than the pouring rain they had to deal with on the other end of Europe. The two of them held hands and dragged their suitcases behind them as they made their way into the airport and quickly through customs, and finally to their chauffeur. Both of them were quite sleepy still from their long nap on the plane, but knew they had to stay awake. They had a meeting to attend.

Neither of them had any idea why Gabriel called a meeting for them two, when everything was going smoothly, even more smooth than expected. They did exactly as he asked in Greece and she didn't get any info about anything going wrong in the show, and neither did he. All they knew was that he wanted a meeting and he wanted it asap.

She felt funny. Was something wrong? She felt the anxiety bubble up in her chest, her wringing her hands together as she stared out the window, biting her lip.

"Hey" her boyfriend's sleepy voice sung out, reaching to gently hold her hands. "Don't be nervous. He can't break us up now if that's what you're thinking. I want you, not anyone else, okay?" His lips gently peppered kisses on her cheek, as she nodded and gulped, leaning into him. She hoped he was right. Did she do something wrong? What if he wanted to fire her?

Her thoughts ran wild until the very last second. New scenarios and new possibilities popped up with every step into the building and every step up the stairs to the office where they were set to meet.

As Adrien pushed the cold door open, Marinette took a deep breath and gently placed her feet into the tile floor, the soft tapping of her heels being the only noise filling the room, until the soft squeaking of chairs was heard, and they sat down, he was watching them like a hawk.

"How serious are you two about this relationship?" His voice was soft and careful with his words, expected from Gabriel, he always knew what he was doing. Right to the point. Marinette looked at Adrien with a nervous expression, her hand timid as she reached out to grab his. He met her halfway, squeezing her hand reassuringly and smiling at his father.

"Very serious. We've had some..... Reestablishments in our relationship during the vacation." He smiled at the increasingly worried girl, pulling her chair up against his. "She's been panicking about this all day, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, right father?"

"Oh no, I was just wondering if I made a mistake or not."

"What kind of mistake? Do you mean with us two? Father, we like this relationship a lot..." He furrowed his brows and stared at him, squeezing her hand tight as he heard a soft whimper come from her. "You're not breaking us up."

"I wasn't planning to. Someone else offered me money to break you two up however..."

"And you won't be doing that." Adrien's voice got stern, as he tapped his foot on the tile furiously. "We want to try this. For real." He drew his lips tight as he shot daggers into his father with his eyes, pulling Mari as close as he physically could, praying she wouldn't cry. He wouldn't let this happen.

"I've already denied the money Adrien. Do not get stern with me."

Adrien let out a sigh of relief, his head leaning down to kiss her cheek, smiling gently. "It's okay, see? Nothing to worry about." he muttered, his voice gentle and caring as he gradually calmed her from her panic.

"Besides, I'd much rather have a bright woman like miss Marinette as a part of the family, than bad-press-bourgeois."

"Chloe?" Both their heads snapped up at once, as Adrien felt a grin on his face. Relief spread through the room, as he started to laugh, harder and harder by the second. "You got an offer to break us up by Chloe?"