-chapter 9: obigitory kissing practice-

YOU KNEW IT WAS COMING DONT ACT LIKE YOU FUCKING DIDNT. HAVE FUN YA NERDS
---
Soft classical music filled the kitchen air, as the two hovered over a phone with directions on how to prepare their wonderfully romantic meal: sautéed duck with peas and a side of cheesy bread, and a nice bottle of Beaujolais to top it off.

"Like this?" the blonde mumbled, slowly and carefully cutting the duck the way the directions said, using hesitant hands to not cut himself, just as Marinette had shown him. Marinette paused her work on the bread as she noticed him struggle slightly, her caring hands coming up behind him to help him cut through it correctly. An amused smile arose on his face, as little Marinette had to balance on the tips of her toes, just to be able to see over his shoulder. "What a small you are."

"Shh! You're just tall, you're doing really really well by the way! See, you're learning fast. Before you know it we'll be cooking things up together every night." She moved back and smiled fondly at him, watching his concentrated eyes cut through the meat the way she had shown him. Once he was just about done, she started up the peas, and threw the bread in the oven, rubbing her hands together and licking her lips. Just by the smell, both of their mouths were watering. "This is gonna be a nice meal. No publicity. Just you and me." She hummed, coating the skillet in oil, then seasoning the duck he had ready. "alright, I've never done this before, but it can't be too hard, right?" The ends of her mouth perked up, as Adrien read the directions out loud to her for the millionth time. "Yeah yeah, watch the peas."

Marinette was a natural when it came to cooking, she was born and raised on it. Cooking duck was no problem for her, just like cooking almost anything else. She sautéed the dish with ease, throwing it on a plate, giving her boyfriend a high-five in response.

"We did it! Romantic meal for two 'lovebirds', all ready to go." Both of them put the final seasoning on it and garnished it with some parsley, then walked out to the porch to eat their meal together, the whole shebang ready. Table cloth, even some cute flowers in the middle. "Wow, I'm actually proud of us. This looks really really good." She took a picture of their creations, smiling up at the boy who was already begging to dig in. "See, this is why you should have eaten more at lunch."

"That's not important now! This isssss." He gripped his fork and knife in hand, but pouted as he watched Marinette struggle with the wine bottle. "Give it here, darling" he winked and flashed a joking grin, letting out a soft chuckle as he attempted at opening it. "Fuck, it's on there good." And after a good minute of two ex Superheros trying to open a bottle, his hand swung back, cork in fist, as his hand nearly punched her right in the face.

"Oh my god oh my god I'm so so sorry." Adrien instantly felt horrible, even for the near miss. The bottle was on the table and his arms snaked around her tight. "That was so close, I would have given you a black eye. Oh my god..." His hand gripped the shirt on her back, his look so worried you would have almost sworn he DID punch her in the face. "My heart is pounding. Oh my god."

"I'm fine, you didn't even touch me!" she felt her face heat and heart pound at his concern and worry for her. "Really Adrien, you didn't even hit my arm. All you caught was air." She gave him a reassuring smile, reaching down for his hand and squeezing it. "I'm okay, really."

"But it could have been a disaster"

"And it wasn't? So let's move on" she pulled away from the hug and kissed his forehead, making her way back to the table. "Anyway, it's a fun story I get to tell. 'Remember the time when my arranged husband almost hit my in the face on our first vacation?'' They shared a soft laugh, before the food was dug into.

As they ate they shared more small conversation, about the pride in their meal, other meals Adrien would like to cook, their favorite foods, even their ideal date night foods. Once they were done they cleaned up their plates, washing them off together and putting them in the wash.