VII

A/N: fan cover art above made by Athens_Moon! thank you so much again!

"No."

"No? What do you mean by no?" River narrowed his eyes at me and I crossed my arms, standing my ground.

"No, I don't want to join the Blue Assassins, " I repeated.

River's jaw clenched. "Well, you don't exactly have a choice, princess."

"What my son means, " Alexander discreetly glared at River. "He means that you should take into account of the benefits of joining us."

"And the consequences of not joining us, " River added and I raised my eyebrows at them.

"What are you talking about?"

"To put it nicely...if you don't join us, then we'll be obligated to kill you, your family, and your friends under the Assassin Law. We'd save you for last, of course, " River smiled menacingly.

"Do you even know the definition of nice?"

"Well—"

"You don't, " I cut him off sharply.

Alexander cleared his throat. "Moving on. What is your choice now?"

"It's no longer a choice since I'm not a cold blooded murderer, unlike some people, " I glared at River. "So, you know my answer."

"Fantastic! Now that you're one of us, I'd like to formally introduce you to the leader of our organization, " Alexander grinned; I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I thought it was you."

"I was the leader. But the time has come for the next and the role is passed down the family, " he informed me. It took a moment for the realization to hit me.

"It's you, " I breathed, staring at River in shock.

My high school crush was the leader of the Blue Assassins? Guess my life wasn't as simply anymore.