XXXVIII

"Today's the day." Alexis grins at me and I nod excitedly.

"I know." I smile, full of pride. "Everything will change today."

River hugs me from behind. "All because of you, my queen."

"You guys are such goals!"

"I'm gonna go gag, be right back!"

"Whose stomach just growled? Oh, wait, it's mine."

"Wait! Don't move! I need to take a picture!"

I chuckle at my friends before facing River. He stares down at me with the utmost respect and love. His hands circle around my waist while mine hold on to his neck.

"I..." I laugh softly at myself. It's my second year as a member of The Blue Assassins yet I still can't fully control myself around River. He continues to have an effect on me, as always.

How could he not affect me when only three days ago we... Not now, Blair! Focus!

But, as he speaks hoarsely, I discover that I have an effect on him also. "What is it, my queen? Are you nervous about today?"

"No, no." I shake my head and he narrows his eyes at me. "Well...maybe a little."

"Why are you nervous? You're doing something great, something that should've been done a very long time ago."

I sigh, nodding. "I know but... What if they disagree with me? With our decision?"

"Then I'll show them the door." River shrugs nonchalantly, making me laugh.

"Would you really?"

"Of course." He nods.

I kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you. I really do love you."

"I love you, my queen." River hugs me tightly before whispering: "But I'm sure it won't come to that. Everyone adores you here and they respect all of your decisions."

"Hey, this is our decision. I can't do this all on my own."

"Yes, our decision." He smiles and I sigh as I pull away from him.

"Okay. I'm ready to do this." I say, regarding everyone with confidence. They cheer and give me lots of encouragement.

"You go, Glen Coco!" Sam whoops and I laugh.

"Thanks. See you all in the cafeteria in fifteen."

Cody quirks an eyebrow at me. "Minutes, right?"

"Yes, Cody. Fifteen minutes." I shake my head, chuckling.

"Oh, good." Drake comments. "I'm hungry so I wouldn't survive anything higher than minutes."

"Come on, foodie." Alexis shouts and they exit my room.

"Well...I guess that leaves the two of us." River smirks seductively.

Uh-oh. Resist, Blair, resist!

He steps forward, I step back. He steps forward again, I step back again.

Soon enough, he pins me to the wall and leans dangerously close to my face. My breath hitches as he gazes into my eyes.