Just a Sick Boy

-HaeWon-

"He's the literal definition of crazy."

"I almost died because of that insane person!"

"He's scarier than those stupid horror movies."

"Don't ever make him mad or get on his nerves. You'll regret it instantly."

"He can kill you with his eyes."

"He's hopeless and can't be saved. No one cares for him. He's sick."

"He's sick."

"Sick."

"Sick."

"Sick."

That word was carved into stone in my mind. I couldn't NOT think about that every time someone mentions "Patient 907". Real name, I believe is Jungkook. Something he never gets called anymore.

Instead, he's known as...

"Patient 907."

"Crazy boy."

"Psycho on floor 13."

"Hopeless kid."

"Sicko."

"Sick kid."

"Scary devil child."

"The boy who can't be helped."

That's all I know. It's all I've ever heard about him....

•••••

My name is HaeWon. It was given to me by my parents who had big hopes for me. It means "graceful garden". They wanted me to become a dancer or a gymnast.

I didn't become that.

Not even close.

I am a doctor, but not for physical things you may think. Although, I was a pediatrician for a few years starting out.

Now, I help the mentally ill and the "crazy", though, I don't like to call my clients that.

I moved from South Korea to America because of this job opportunity my parents thought was great. I've been studying English almost my whole life, so there's nothing to worry about the language barrier.

I moved to this really isolated building that looked like a prison on the outside, but was pure white and clean on the inside.

It's almost always quiet in this creepy place, but you somehow get used to it....since I can't leave this building as easy as I used to because of my strict boss, this building was the only setting I know.

I lived here. I lived here with a lot of other adults. They're all older than me, which isn't a huge deal because I'm not even a full grown adult yet. I'm super young, according to a lot of my coworkers.

A good amount of them were Korean like me, so that was pretty cool. But my boss isn't.

He treats me differently. He could just be overprotective..or just REALLY ageist.

He still doesn't understand that I may be young, but I didn't come all the way here to not do what I studied for my entire life.

I've been here for 3 months now and so far, it's quite boring. Only having simple check-ups and answering phone calls. It's even more boring since this place isn't as popular as other places in the outside world...

I wish to do more with my abilities. How will I learn if I'm doing something anyone could do?

I occasionally drop hints to my boss, hoping, some day, he would promote me in some way...any way.