Run, Danger

-HaeWon-

"I-I don't know yet, but-but soon, I'll make up one, Jungkook. I can't bear an image of you getting hurt again from this stupid hospital." I grab both of his hands.

He crashes his lips onto mine for just a quick 2 seconds. "Thank you, HaeWon. You're my beautiful light that leads me through the darkness."

"Ha, you're so cheesy." I pinch his cheeks.

"You like it, don't you?" He sticks his tongue out.

I blush. "Of course."

I stand up, but Jungkook pulls me back down.

"Yo-You're hand." He points to my bruised hand.

I cover it quickly and nervously laugh. "It's fine, just a bruise. It'll go away, Jungkook, don't worry. Just stay calm and I'll come back down soon."

He hesitates to let me go, but he agrees.

"Fine, just be careful. I-I don't want you to get hurt also. Put some cold stuff on that or something."

"Like ice?" I giggle.

"Yeah that!"

I smile. "I will. Thanks."

I open the door, but Jungkook grabs my wrist.

"Yes?" I turn around and see Jungkook pointing to his lips.

"At least a peck?" He asks while blinking like a cutie.

I giggle and peck his lips. "Happy now?"

"Well if we're talking happy-"

"See ya, Jungkookie." I blow a kiss toward him and skip away.

When I reach my room, I see a stack of papers with a note attached to it.

I walk up to the papers and read the note.

HaeWon

Here are your assignments for tonight. Finish them by tomorrow at noon. If you don't finish in time, there will be consequences.

Boss

I groan loudly while picking it up and entering my room.

These stupid assignments are just HIS paperwork. Lazy butt.

~~~~~~~

I was an hour in to doing my work and I wasn't even halfway done with it.

I'm about to burn this all.

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts and I look up.

Yerin's POV

Aishhh, I'm dying to know what happened between HaeWon and Jungkook. Rumor is going around that they're dating.

"She's probably with Jungkook." I whisper to myself.

I rush down the halls and peek over the corner at Jungkook's isolated room.

I just see him pacing around his room while rubbing his hair. He looks nervous.

I wonder what's happening...my curiosity is killing me! But, I can't talk to Jungkook. He actually might strangle me.

I run to HaeWon's room and knock on her door. I enter right after knocking.

"Oh, thank the heavens above, please come in, Yerin. I'm dying for a break from these stupid waste of trees." HaeWon stands up and greets me with a hug.

"HaeWon, there's a rumor going on," I sit her down on the bed. "That you and Jungkook are dating. Is that true?"

HaeWon sighs. "It's...no, it's not true. We're not dating. Things got pretty serious down in Boss's office."

"Did you two fight?" I gasp.

HaeWon snorts. "Ha, no, but I would've slapped him so hard, his head will spin."

"Then what happened?"

"He accused me of dating a patient, Jungkook, and I said I wasn't and he got all crazy. I'm really terrified inside right now. I remember seeing an evil spark in his eyes when I told him I cared about Jungkook. I have a good feeling I might've screwed things up by saying that. Jungkook may be in trouble." She explains while rubbing her thighs nervously.

"Why aren't you down there now? With him!" I point to the door.

She rolls her eyes and points to the stacks of paper on her desk. "I need to finish these AND think of a plan. If I stay down there, people will get suspicious. I'm...almost done with the assignments."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Love is hard."

"I need you to do me a favor!" She copies my move.

"Hmm?"

"Please check on Jungkook for me. Report to me if he's ok or not. I'm getting stressed not knowing how he's doing down there. He's prey and he could get killed in a second!" HaeWon shakes me around.

I stop her. "I got chu, fam."

"Thanks?"

I pat her back before dashing through the door and down a floor.

I'm so glad I can do this for HaeWon. I haven't done anything this exciting since the power went out and I was in the same room as my crush.

I peek over the corner again and see Jungkook sitting on his bed, his head buried in his hands.

"He's fine." I whisper and smile.

I walk away, feeling relieved, until I hear loud footsteps and angry whispering.

I suck in my breath and hide inside the staircase. I stay to spy on whoever is going near HaeWon's love.

"Maybe this isn't the way to go, Boss. You're going to far with this whole thing." I spot Chanyeol whispering hurriedly to Boss who was walking with something hidden in his jacket. Two guards behind him with sunglasses on.

Boss just chuckles. "You have nothing to do with this, young man. You may go now. I don't need your help."

"This isn't right! You'll go to jail!" Chanyeol argues.

"I'll take you out too, Chanyeol, if you even breath a word of this outside." Boss turns to him and they both stop.

They disappear from my sight and I decide to follow them.

They head to Jungkook's room.

Chanyeol stays back at the beginning of the hallway while Boss and the two guards walk to Jungkook.

I tap Chanyeol's shoulder, scaring him a little bit.

"Oh geez, Ye-Yerin, you scared me." Chanyeol holds his heart. "What are you doing here?"

"HaeWon sent me down to check up on Jungkook. She's stuck doing work in her room. She's scared for Jungkook's safety since they care about each other to a level." I smile.

Chanyeol looks down, almost in disappointment, but he looks up with a very terrified expression. "Go, Yerin! Go tell HaeWon to come down. Jungkook is in danger, he might get shot. Boss is planning to kill Jungkook or scare him with a gun. I don't know, but run!"

I widen my eyes and run faster than my mind could process.