Chapter 7- Bonfire [Vikk]

Who are these people?

They march Landon and I through the forest, and a third one brings our horses.

They are dressed fully in black, the only colour I can see on them is their bright eyes. One has blue eyes, one has green, and the one holding our horses has grey eyes.

It's strange. They walk with a strange, cat-like posture.

And its clear they mean business. I've seen them move, lightning quick with their strikes. Are they going to kill us?

I lock eyes with Landon.

We need to get away.

3, 2, 1.

We both turn in a second, snatching away the swords at our throats. I point mine at my captor, while Landon steps back a few feet to aim his bow at his.

The third, the one holding the horses, drops the reins of our horses, and draws a sword.

Then, reaching up, the person drops their hood.

The girl grins, brown-blonde hair lifting in the wind.

"This will be interesting. Bring it."

She says, and attacks.

I twirl around, bringing up my sword to my captor's knife. Her hood drops, revealing startlingly pink hair. She lunges at me, grinning like a maniac. Adrenaline rushes through my body as I feel a surge of energy flow into my hands. Oh, boy, here we go.

I block her strike, but out of the corner of my eye, see the grey-eyed one running towards me. I duck, and throw a punch with my left hand. It connects with the girls cheek, and she stumbles back, blue yes still cold. I block a sword strike from the other girl, quickly parrying. The sword is flung out of her hand, and I feel a small burst of victory, before seeing where it has gone. The blue-eyed girl holds it up, standing next to her friend.

The grey one holds both of their knives. I barely have time to react before she throws it at my head. I fling myself to the right, bringing my sword up to strike back against the blue eyed one.

She is very good with a sword. I can barely keep up with her movements, let alone dodge the knife swipes from Grey-eyes. My sword is quickly knocked from my hands. They force me back against a tree, and I see Landon in a similar position across from me, the green-eyed girl pointing his own bow at his throat.

The grey-eyed one steps back and licks her lips.

"Okay, boys. I think we've established who holds the power here. You honestly don't have a chance against us, so lets just be nice, okay?" She reaches forward and takes my sword from the floor, and flicks her hair back.

"I'm Kara. This is Lizzie-" She gestures to the pink-haired girl holding me against a tree. "And that's Bee." She points to the brown-haired green-eyed girl.

As if on cue, the three girls step away from us.

"You're going to come with us to our camp, or we're going to kill you. It's that simple, really."

She turns away, running a thumb along the hilt of her knives. I gulp, and nod. She's barely turned back to us before she throws her knife. It lodges next to my head in the tree.

"Got that?"

I gulp and nod.

Landon and I walk to each other, and the three girls start to walk away. I glance at him, and then we follow.

"So, who are these people?"

He whispers to me.

"I-I don't know."