|1|

Chapter 1, - dedicated to @MaliNur2015

July 25, 1994 - 3 years later✨ Atlanta Georgia🌌

Mimi

"There, all done" I said stepping away from my clients hair. She opened her eyes and I watched as her face lit up. "Oh shit!" She mumbled. I smirked and placed a hand on my hip. "Mimi girl you know you can hook a girl hair up!" I smiled. "You know I gotchu" she dug in her purse.

"How much I owe you?" She asked. "$150, but I can take $50" she looked at me and frowned. "Girl no, you running a business" she handed me two $100 bills. "Don't even worry about the change" I smiled. "Thanks Kim" Kim smiled. "No problem, and tell O'Shea to call me when you talk to him. I swear he be avoiding me" I chuckled. "I'll call him for you" she smiled and stood up.

"I'll be here for my next appointment next month" I nodded my head, we hugged before she walked out the door. I took a deep breath and started cleaning my station. "Wassup lil ma?" I slightly rolled my eyes and turnt around to see Sebastian. "Hey Seb" he placed a hand on his hip.

"Why you look so..... Dry?" I chuckled. "I'm not" he sucked his teeth. "Yea, whatever. Look some of the girls and I are meeting up at my house for a sleep over" I frowned. "Who's coming?" "Like... Everyone" he chuckled. I sighed. "Nah, I'll pass" I said. He sighed. "You neva go out anymore, why?"

I was silent. "Ohh, I know why. Baby daddy got a new hoochie" I ignored him and unplugged the flat irons. "That's what it is isn't it? Don't ignore me" "I'm fine, ion care who he's with" Sebastian sucked his teeth.

"Okay, well when you ready to stop lying let me know" I watched as he got back with his client leaving me alone. I sighed and wiped my hands on the side of my pants, walking to my office. I closed the door and sat at my desk looking over some mail.

I wasn't mad that Eric has a new girl, that's Eric he does what and who he wants at the end of the day. He's in LA right now, I don't know why all he said was 'Taking care of business' I rolled my eyes at the thought. It was a knock on my door making me sigh again. "Come in" I said. Opening a envelope.

I heard the door open but didn't bother to look up. "Mommy!" I sat the letter down and smiled once I seen the twins running towards me. I got up and let them grab my legs squeezing them as tight as they could.

"I missed you guys!" "We missed you too! Auntie Camilla took us for ice cream" Lyric said. Mace nodded his head. "And we got to play at the park! It was so fun" I looked up and saw Camilla leaning on the doorframe. "Hey, thanks for watching them" she waved me off.

"It's cool" I smiled. "I gotta go, Taylor and Liam are in the car waiting for me" I nodded. "Alright" she smiled and turnt around walking away. I looked down at the twins and smiled.

Eric

"Sorry I can't be at the party" Octavia said leaning on the headboard. I shrugged. "Its cool, its just one party" she smiled. "Okay..." I sighed looking up at her. "I'm gonna try to convince my ex to bring the twins up here" her smile widened. "Am I gonna meet them?" She asked. I bite down on my bottom lip.

"That isn't for me to decide, its up to Naomi and 9/10 its a no" her smile instantly turned into a frown. "Oh..." "Why you wanna meet them so bad?" I asked. She shrugged. "We've been together almost three months and just now telling people, I just wanted to meet them, you met my parents"

I nodded my head. "Yea I did, but its different with my kids. Ion want them to get confused" "Why would they get confused?" She asked sitting up a little. I sighed not trying to get into this. "Their only three, I'm not trying to pull them into anything. I just think we should wait" Octavia sighed and nodded her head. "Alright"

I examined her face, she looked a little disappointed but aye.... That's just how it is. "You gonn' cook for me tonight?" I asked. She smirked. "Of course, what you want?" "Uhh, maybe some chocolate waffles and some of them bangin' eggs you be hookin' up" she looked at me with a blank expression.

"Uh, I don't recall making any of that. You must have me mistaken for Naomi again" I frowned. Shit. "Oh, damn my bad" she shrugged and sat up from the bed. "That's your third time" she mumbled walking in the bathroom.

"I know, sorry" she sighed and closed the door behind her. "If you miss her cooking so much why don't you run back to her?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't start" "Start what? I'm just being honest" I stood up from my bed and walked in the bathroom. Octavia leaned against the sink.

"Don't start talking shit and expect me not to say something to you" "I wouldn't have to if you would just stop comparing me to yo baby mama! Obviously you still love her!" I clenched my teeth. "You crazy" I turnt around and walked out the bathroom with Octavia trailing behind me.

"You and I both know you still love her, so stop lying and tell the truth!" I walked down the stairs trying my best to ignore her but she kept coming to me. I grabbed my keys and slipped my shoes on. "And where are you going?" She asked. "Out" "Out where?" She asked. I turnt around and walked out the door.

Mimi

I sat the dishes in the dishwasher and cut it on. "Mommy Lyric won't give me my toy!" Maceon yelled. I sighed. "Lyric give it back" "But it mine!" "Give it back A'lyric!" I yelled. She huffed and gave Mace his toy back. "Mimi the phone" Niya held up the phone. "Who is it?" I asked wiping the counters down.

"Eric" I frowned a little, then washed and dried my hands. I walked up to her and she gave me the phone, I placed it on my ear and placed a hand on my hip. "What?" I asked. Eric smacked his lips. "Don't do to much now, wea' my kids at?" He asked. I sucked my teeth. "You mean our kids? You have another child"

He was silent for a couple seconds. "Can I talk to them please? Damn why you gotta be so difficult?" I opened my mouth to speak but shut it remembering my kids were in front of me. "Fine" I mumbled. "Thank you" I rolled my eyes and took the phone off my ears. "Kids! Y'all daddy on the phone!"

Both of them stopped what they were doing and ran to me. "Daddy!" I shook my head and gave Maceon the phone. He held it up sharing the phone with his sister. I folded my arms across my chest listening to their side of the conversation. "Yes" ........ They both looked up at me. "Mhmmm" they both said at the same time.

They talked for a couple minutes before Mace handed me the phone. They both ran off in the living room to play. I sighed and put the phone back on my ear. "Hello?" I asked. "Yea, I had asked the kids what they thought about coming to see me" I frowned. "In LA?" I asked. "Yea.... Why you say it like that?"

I rolled my eyes. "Why would you ask them? Now their gonna keep bugging me about seeing you. What if I decide not to take them up there and wait till you come back" I heard him sigh. "Why can't you just listen to me for once? Their my kids to!" I took the phone from off my ear and looked at the phone.

I placed the phone on my ear and walked in the backyard. "First of all, you need to calm yo lil ass down. You the asshole that decided to go to LA just to be with yo lil 'girlfriend' so if you really wanted to see yo kids bring yo ass down here" I hung up the phone and stormed back inside the house. I put the phone on the island and made my way upstairs.

------------

VOTE/COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!

--------------------------------------
Mimi in the multimedia

Hope y'all liked the 1st chapter!

Make sure y'all read the others before you read this trilogy!

Book 1: "straight outta compton"

Book 2: "wicked games"

Book 3: "treat me like somebody"