|10|

Chapter 10,

Mimi

I zipped Maceon's book bag and patted his shoulders. "Your sister ready?" I asked. He nodded his head yes. "She's putting her shoes on" I sighed. "Okay, wait downstairs with Auntie Niya"  Maceon jumped up and made his way downstairs. I walked in Lyric's room but didn't see her.

I frowned and looked inside her closed. "Lyric?" Just then I heard a basketball dribbling from Mace's room. I walked up to his room and seen Lyric playing basketball in the small rim. "Baby" she was about to shoot when she looked at me. "When you start playing basketball?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I like it, I told you and daddy I wanted a basketball for Christmas but y'all got me a barbie doll" she mumbled. Throwing the basketball shooting a two. "I thought you wanted a barbie" I said. She shook her head head and started doing tricks with the ball.

"No, I wanted a basketball mommy" I sighed. "Okay, I'll get you your own basketball" she looked up at me and smiled. "Fr?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Yea, and you can do w.e you want with it" a huge smile grew on her lips. She put the basketball down and hugged my legs. "I love you" I smiled. "I love you too Tink"

Eric

I grabbed my car keys and was on my way out the door to pick up Mimi and them when my house phone rang. I sighed and sat on the couch placing it on my ear. "Wassup?" I asked. "Hey....baby" I frowned once I heard Octavia's voice.

"Uh, Wassup?" I asked. "Nothing much, I know the twins birthday is today. Tell them I said happy birthday?" She asked. I sighed and nodded my head. "Yea, I can do that. Wea' you at?" I asked. "I'm still in Cali, I went up to the house but you weren't there. Neither was your car so I assumed you went back to Atlanta"

"Yea, I had to my kids down here" "I know.... So what are y'all doing today?" She asked. "We're going to Disney World, Mimi's renting the whole place out for the twins for their birthday weekend" She was silent for a second.

"Oh, wow she has money like that?" She asked. "Yea.... She makes her own bread"
"That's cool" she mumbled. It was quiet for a couple seconds before I broke the silence. "Well I gotta pick them up on our way to the airport, I'll call when I get there"

"Okay..... Bye" "Bye" I was about to hang up when she said something that caught my attention. "What you say?" I asked. "I said I Love you Eric" I frowned a little, looking for the right words to say. "Eric?" "Y-yea?" "Did you hear me? I said I love you" "What am I supposed to say?" I asked.

"That you love me too.....but if you don't you don't have to say anything. I get it" I opened my mouth to speak until she hung up. I sighed and ran a hand down my face before sitting the phone down walking out the door.

Mimi

"I want the window seat" Lyric said. I sighed. "Mace asked first-" "You can sit by me babygirl" Eric spoke up. Lyric smiled and Eric picked her up sitting her in the chair beside him. I slightly rolled my eyes and buckled Mace up. "Make sure you buckle her up Eric" I mumbled.

"I know" he said. I sighed and watched as he buckled her seatbelt. I shook my head and sat down. Mace was looking out the window playing with his fingers. I frowned wondering what he was thinking about. I tapped his shoulder causing him to turn around.

"You okay baby?" I asked. He shook his head. "I'm scared" my frown deepened. "Of what?" I asked. "The plane, what if it falls?" "It's not gonna fall" I said. He sighed. I grabbed his hands. "I won't let it fall" I said looking into his eyes. "Only if God says so, okay?" He nodded his head.

"Take a deep breath" I said. He took a deep breath and smiled. "See? Feel better?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Yes" I smiled. The plane started to move about to take off. I sat back in my seat still holding on to my son's hand.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

VOTE/COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!

SHORT CHAPTER......