|17|

Chapter 17,

Mimi

"You fold these separate, don't mix them up" I nodded my head as Cinnamon showed me how to do laundry. "If this have something in there pockets that's valuable. Take it, obviously they don't need it anyway " I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Aight, got it " I said. Cinnamon sighed and nodded her head. I heard footsteps walk into the laundry room. I looked up and seen a tall white correctional officer. "Y'all doing alright?" He asked.

Cinnamon nodded her head and turnt away minding her business. I frowned a little. "You a new inmate?" He asked. I paused for a second then nodded my head.

"Yea" He looked me up and down slightly licking his lips. "Hurry this up" He said motioning to our stack of clothes. He looked at me one more time before he walked out the laundry room.

Cinnamon turnt back around and started folding some clothes. "What was that about?" I asked. She looked up at me then looked down. "He.... likes to have his way with most of the girls in hea'" I frowned.

"His way?" She nodded her head. "Yea... so watch out" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Eric

"I still don't see why you can't come back down here. I need someone to talk to, this court thing is really stressing me out" Octavia said over the phone. I sighed and laid my head back while I watched the twins watch TV.

"And my next doctors appointment is in two days. I want you to be here" "Aight, I'll see what I can do" I could tell she was smiling through the phone. "Fr?" "Yea, I'll have my mama come up here to watch the twins"

"Oh great, I can't wait. I'll even cook I missed you so much" I raised a brow. "Oh, right well lemma hit you up later" "Okay, bye baby" I frowned as I hung up the phone. The hell?. As soon as I was about to hang up the phone it rung again. I sighed once I seen it was a correctional center number.

I took a deep breath and answered it as I let the voice machine talk. I knew it was Mimi. "Hello?" I asked. "Yea, uh let my talk to my kids" She said. I sighed. "You-" "I said let me talk to my fucking kids Eric!" She yelled over the phone.

I was silent. I took the phone off my ear. "Y'all mama on the phone" both of their heads shot my way. "Mommy!" I sighed again and gave them the phone.

Mimi

"Mommy!" I smiled as I heard the twins in the background. I missed them so much, and I want to cry sooo bad but crying just won't cut it in here. "Hi mommy" They both said at the same time. I smiled ear to ear. "Hey babes, how yall doin'?" I asked. "Fine!" "Mommy daddy let me play basketball at the park!" Lyric said.

"Oh yea? Well when I get back we're gonna play okay?" "Okay!" "Mommy where you at?" Maceon asked. "What?" I asked. He sighed. "Where are you? " "That's better, but I'm in......" I scratched my head thinking of a quick lie. "I'm in New Orleans " I lied.

"Weren't we born there?" Lyric asked. I nodded my wishing they could see me. "That's right" "10 minutes left" the machine said. I sighed. "Mommy who was that?" Maceon asked. "A friend..... so what are yall eating for dinner?" I asked.

"Well I wanted some chicken, but daddy keeps making macaroni " Lyric said. I chuckled. "Yea.... he says that's the only thing he knows how to make...." Maceon said.

It was funny because they weren't whispering at all, even when Eric was there. "He didn't make yall a sandwich? Or grilled cheese?" I asked. "Nope.... well he tried making a grilled cheese but-"

"But it was nasty" Lyric said cutting Mace off. I chuckled and shook my head. The correctional officer beside me was tapping his watch. I sighed and closed my eyes feeling my eyes burn.

"Y'all know I love Y'all right?" I asked feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "Yes" They said. I quickly wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. "Be good okay? I'll be back before yall know it" "Okay Mommy" "Now let me talk to yall daddy" I said.

"Okay" I heard the phone shuffle a little. I placed a hand on my hip waiting impatiently. "Hello?" Eric asked. "Yea, um if your gonna feed them the same thing every time you can take my kids to my mama house"

"You saying 'yo kids' like their not mine to" "Nigga you got other kids.... remember?" He was silent. "So take them to my moms, I'm pretty sure your Bitch of a babymama wants you by her side through alla' dis. Awe wait, do you even know of that's your kid?" I asked him.

I heard him clench his teeth. I smiled. "Make sure she isn't lying about that to, and pull a Jinae'. Since Octavia's the one that put me in here separating me from my kids, and it's fucked up that you actually believe her...... damn Eric I thought yo didn't love these hoes" He scoffed.

"Well, tell my kids I'll talk to them later kay? And that I love them.... bye" I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. "You ready inmate? " the correctional officer said. I nodded my head and walked to my cell. I heard a buzz letting me know it was locked.  "That was a long phone call"

Cinnamon said. I nodded my head and sat down on my bed. "With your  twins?" I furrowed  my eyes. My head shot her way. "How'd  you know I have kids?" I asked.  She sat the picture  of my kids on the edge of my bed.

"So.... you was in my shit?" I asked.  She nodded her head. "Yea, I was looking for some toothpaste I could borrow, when I found this" I shook my head. "I recognize  those kids,  you say your  last name is Young  right? You  from Compton and  Your Dr. Dre's  lil sister. Aren't you?"

I shrugged.  Does it matter? "And your  baby daddy.  Is Eazy-E  isn't he?" I sighed.  Cinnamon  chuckled  and shook her head.  "Do you know how good you got it?  Even in here. Bitches would literally  kill to be by your  side Mimi. Jackie and them too"

I shook my head again. "Nah, I'm good" She frowned  and stood up on her feet. "Why not?" She asked. "Because,  I don't want to be treated differently just because  of my last name. I make my own money" "You sure? You could take over-"

"I'm sure,  and please. Don't tell anyone" Cinnamon  sighed and looked away.  "I'm Fr Cinnamon " She put her hands up. "Aight,  fine.  I won't " I nodded my head. "Thank you" I grabbed the picture  of the kids and put it under my pillow.

--------------

VOTE AND COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!

Y'all see that multimedia? :) ❤❤