Haha..No

I woke up at in my room at dad's house and shuffled downstairs to see my dad reading over his notes for his seminar, I got myself a bowl of cereal and sat quietly eating. My dad looked up from his notes and jumped when he saw me sitting in front of him, I laughed "You've been on an island full of dinosaurs and lived but little old me nearly gives you a heart attack" dad smiled but it didn't seem sincere I could tell he was nervous he wasn't much of a social person. 

I finished my cereal and looked at the clock and noticed it was getting late "you had best get dressed if you want to come to the seminar with me" Dad told me I nodded and made my way up to my room to get dressed I just put on a pair of jeans, t-shirt, my vans and a hoodie. I ran back down the stairs to see my dad collecting all of his stuff and look at me "Are you ready?" I nodded and walked out of the door and into dads car.

We walked into the seminar hall and could see all sorts of people sitting in the seats, There are scientists and students here, but also a lot of Dino fans, some even with costumes

We walked into the seminar hall and could see all sorts of people sitting in the seats, There are scientists and students here, but also a lot of Dino fans, some even with costumes. I was listening to my dad's speech when I saw some people getting up out of their seats, they obviously came hereto hear about my dad's time on the island "So rude" I huffed.

 I carried on listening to what dad was saying he didn't look as nervous now as he did this morning "It's through the painstaking study of the Interior chamber in multiple specimens that we can determine this exciting correlation between the larynx and the upper plate. 

That lets us theorize -- theorize, mind you – that the raptor might have been capable of bird- like vocalizations. Which as you can imagine,would be a tremendous breakthrough" Dad stops talking and the slideshow has stopped the auditorium is quiet until people realize he had finished his speech and then there was a round of applause and dad looked relieved.

Then the symposium leader stood up and walks towards my dad clapping "Thank you very much Dr. Grant. Now does anyone have a question?" I was surprised to see that nearly everyone had their hands up especially because it seemed like none of them were listening but dad didn't look surprised "Does anyone have a question that doesn't relate to Jurassic Park?" he asked bluntly.

I looked around again to see a lot of hands go down but there's still a few up "Or the incident in San Diego, which I'll remind you, I did not witness" Now most of the hands are down I feel sorry for my dad he is trying to help get money for the archaeological dig but people only want to ask about Jurassic Park.

Dad picked one of the few remaining people with their hands up "Your theory on raptors is good and all, but isn't all this conjecture kind of moot?" I saw a lot of the students here nod their heads in agreement "I mean, once the U.N. and Costa Rica and everyone decides how to handle the second island, scientist will just go in and look for themselves" now I had no idea what he was talking about but I knew that going on any of the islands is suicide.

A reporter stood up with a recorder in their hand "Isn't palaeontology itself in danger of extinction?" I felt angry at what the stupid science reporter was saying and my dad looked annoyed too. 

The Symposium leader stepped forward to take the question but dad put his hand up "No, and let me be perfectly clear on this point. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. What's left of them is fossilized in stone the actual scientists spend years to undercover. What John Hammond and InGen created are theme park monsters. Nothing more, nothing less" I agreed with my dad John Hammond tried to play god and a lot people died because of it.

 I could hear negative mummers around the room obviously they didn't agree with my dad.Another student stood up out of his seat "You're saying you wouldn't want to study them if you had the chance?" I saw my dad laugh on stage but then seriously looked at the student "No force on this earth or in heaven could get me on that island" Damn straight. 

Soon the symposium was over and dad walked down to me with an expectant look on his face "well how do you think I did" I grimaced as I thought of an answer "Great dad..Really..Yeah" I smiled at him as we left to get back in his car, I started to feel excited again as we drove to the dig site.

 The drive wasn't that long but it felt like it, I just wanted to see all the cool dinosaur stuff they had found.As soon as we arrived at the dig site I jumped out of the car ready to explore and learn, dad locked the car and steered me in the right direction.

 The closer we got to where they were digging the more I could see 2 people lying down in the dirt, flirting, not digging. The man on the floor turned quickly when he realized we were behind him "Dr Grant and you must be Haley" I nodded and Dad just smiled shortly and looked between the man and woman who were obviously not working "Mr. Brennan" the man looked at me and said "Billy" I again nodded smiling not too sure what to think of him, Billy takes one of dad's bags and walks towards a tent.

"How was your symposium? Profitable?" he asked looking at us but dropped his smile when neither of us looked enthusiastic "We'll be broke in four weeks" Billy sighed and rubbed the back of his neck "Three weeks. I had to rent some equipment" we entered the tent and I saw a computer and a mechanical arm that is sweeping back and forth across a tray of fine sand.

Dad looked unimpressed "You rented an automated litter box" I snorted to myself this is what I mean by socially awkward. Billy shook his head excitedly "It's a rapid prototyper. I feed in the scan data from the raptor skull, than the computer breaks it into thousands of slices which this thing prints, one layer on top of the other. It's the future of palaeontology" I laughed at him and told him seriously "Not if it can't dig" Suddenly the arm stops and the tray of sand shakes, dropping through holes in the bottom to reveal an object the size of a person's hand.

Billy took the object from the printer "I give you a raptors resonating chamber" I looked at it and couldn't help but be amazed "Really?!" Billy chuckled at my enthusiasm and lifted it to his lips and blows through it like a conch shell. 

The sound pierced through me like a knife and my breath hitched in my throat I never thought I would hear the cry of a velociraptor again, I could feel myself shaking and dad grabbed my arm shouting my name I looked at him and smiled "I'm okay" dad didn't look to sure and neither did billy but I just smiled and reassured them I was fine.

Billy's face then lit up as he looked behind us I turned to see a couple walking in our direction "Oh, I forgot to tell you. Some visitors wanted to come by and talk to you. I told them you'd be happy to see them maybe even have dinner with them" Billy to dad in an innocent voice he did not 'forget' about this, he planned it. 

I looked up to see my dad looking irritated "Absolutely not" I turned to look behind us and saw that the couple were definitely heading for us "Uh dad I think they're already here" I told him quietly "Dr. Grant?" Dad turned to see man with sunglasses on "Yes?" the man extended his arm to dad and waited for dad to shake it.

 "Paul Kirby. Kirby Enterprises" he reached into his pocket "My card" Dad took the card and sighed "What can I do for you, Mr. Kirby?" Mr Kirby looked at my dad seriously " Well sir, I am a great admirer of yours, and I have an extremely interesting proposition to discuss. Would you let my wife and I take you to have dinner tonight? Our treat".

I looked at him suspiciously and it seemed as my dad was too "You know, I've been in lectures and symposiums all day and I'm very tired. Maybe some other time" Mr Kirby looked alarmed at the answer "I guarantee it'll be worth your while" this man seemed desperate,behind Mr Kirby, Billy was rubbing his thumb and fingers together, indicating the guy is loaded.

 Dad musters a small smile. "It's be my pleasure" I laughed a little at how uncomfortable dad looked and Mr Kirby looked at me seemingly just noticing I was here "You must be Dr Grant's daughter?" I nodded and put my hand out just as he had done to my dad "Haley Grant" Mr Kirby shook it and smiled "I assume you will be joining us for dinner too?" we both looked at dad who just nodded Mr Kirby seemed happy with this idea "Great"Yeah great.. I thought.