Stolen Raptor Eggs!

Walking by Eric I played with the straps on my bag "How much of this island have you explored?" I asked him thinking he must know he was around by now especially since he's seen the Spinosaurus "I stayed pretty close to the compound, Figured if anyone came to look for me, that's where they'd start.

"We need to head for the coast" I told him walking over some thick leaves and branches "Are you sure?" Eric said helping me over a fallen tree, "That's where my dad was heading, why?" Eric looked at me "Closer you get to the water, the bigger things get"

Groaning I kicked a stone "I knew you were going to say that" I mumbled hearing Eric laughing behind me. Sighing I carried on walking hitting leaves and branches out of the way "lf we can find our way|down into the canyon we can follow that river out to the coast. After we find our parents" Eric nodded as he helped hit the branches out the way.

Falling over a rock Eric quickly caught me holding my hand in his making us both blush but we didn't let go "Then what?" he asked me, looking at him I just shrugged I had no idea I just wanted to find my way back to my dad he'd know what to do "One step at a time" Eric pulled my hand making me stand still "Listen"

Standing in silence we both listened my ears perked up when I heard music "What is that?" Eric snapped his head to me smiling happily "That's my dad's satellite phone!" Eric pulled my hand again making us run "Wait a minute. How do you know?" I shouted to him as we ran through the thick bush.

Turning back to me Eric laughs and sings "Kirby Paint and Tile Plus, in Westgate!" running faster we kept a tight grip on each other both shouting for our dads "Dad!" breaking through the jungle I saw a huge fence and behind that fence was my dad looking happier than I'd ever seen him.

Letting go of Eric once we reached the fence I put my hand through and grabbed my dad into a hug "I knew you'd find your way" he whispered holding me close and kissing my head as Eric hugged Amanda.

Dad pulled back and Billy stepped forward smiling "Boy, am I glad to see you" smiling I gave Billy a small hug "Hey, you got my bag" he asked looking at me almost nervously "Yeah. Lucky strap" I Told him with a smile showing him the bag. "Want me to carry it" Billy asked holding his hand out.

Before I could say anything dad pulled Billy by him trying to look for a way for me and Eric to get through the fence "How did you know we were here?" Paul asked looking at me and Eric who was smiling "The phone, That stupid jingle from the store. I heard it."

Nodding I smiled as Eric laughed "My phone?" Paul asked in surprise "Your satellite phone" I told him remembering he had it with him on the plane. Amanda turned to Paul confused "Where is it?" she asked him as he checked his pockets until his face filled with dread.

"|-I don't have it. I got a call on the plane and I loaned it to Nash. He must have had it when he.." Paul stopped short and my eyes widened in horror. Suddenly the jingle started again, turning slowly I gasped seeing the Spinosaurus stood in the clearing in front of us.

Amanda grabbed me and Eric tightly before whispering "Run" Grabbing Eric's hand once again I pulled him with me as the Spinosaurus roared and gave chase. Seeing a hole in the fence I pulled us through just a the Spinosaurus dived at us.

Running further from the fence we turned to see the Spinosaurus roar before turning away, laughing in relief I hugged dad again before the Spinosaurus broke through the fence making us all run into a building.

Pushing the door close we turned and pushed all of the locks that we could, the Spinosaurus started to bang itself against the door before it stopped and everything went silent. Amanda and Paul immediately pulled Eric to them and check him over.

Following dad to the window I looked over at all the trees "Haley, Can you give me the bag back?" I turned to billy confused before looking down at the bag which was now oozing "Please, give me the bag Haley, It's not safe"

Dad pulled the bag from around me as the Kirby's walked to us, Dad looked at Billy suspiciously before opening the top of the bag showing raptor eggs. Gasping I looked at Billy "raptor eggs?!" Eric came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder,

Dad continued to look at Billy but now his expression had changed to fury "Did you steal Raptor eggs?

Now it all makes sense" Dad looked down at the eggs and laughed sarcastically "You left my daughter with raptor eggs!".

Billy looked over at me sadly "I swear, if I'd known|you were going to end up with them...." I just turned away before glancing at Billy "I could have been killed" Billy looked heartbroken before turning back to dad desperately.

"It was an impulse, I thought they'd be worth a fortune. Enough to fund the dig site another 10 more years. You have to believe me" He whispered out before looking at rest of us "This was a stupid decision, but I did it with the best intentions"

Dad barked out a laugh "With the best intentions. Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions. You know what, Billy? As far as I'm concerned you're no better than the people that built this place.

Dad walked over the window ledge and held out the bag with the raptor eggs but he didn't drop them he turned back to look at us with a thoughtful expression "What are you doing? Those things are after us because of those" Paul exclaimed to dad as he was putting the raptor eggs inside his backpack.

"Those things know we have the eggs. If I drop them in the river, they'll still be after us" Dad told him with a frown "What if they catch us with them?" Paul asked making my dad look at him with a smirk "What if they catch us without them?"

Eric turned to me "You ok?" he whispered I nodded sadly as he rubbed my arm before I walked over to my dad "Mom don't that so embarrassing!" I turned back to see Amanda smiling at me and Eric's face was bright red.

Shrugging I just turned back and followed my dad down the spiral staircase "There's a boat at the bottom, just downriver. We can try and make it to the coast, at least" Dad said as we all followed him down the stairs.

The lower ground was foggy and not much could be seen, something felt very wring about this. Stepping closer to my dad he looked at me with a small reassuring smile, following him I gasped and fell forward when the stair collapsed under us "Haley!" Eric shouted as I hung on the ledge.

"Dad!" I screamed as he tried to pull himself up whilst Paul grabbed my arm tight and pulled me back up next to dad who was watching the stairs fall to the water below "You okay?" Paul asked still holding my arm, I nodded and tried to slow my racing heart. I'm so going to need therapy after this...