Just Us And The Tourists

Sitting on a tree trunk I picked at the threads in my jeans waiting for everyone else to change or get ready. Paul and Amanda were changing behind the wreaked plane; Billy was tinkering with his camera and dad well I don't know exactly what he was doing.

I hear the shutter click on Billy's camera and see him taking a picture of the Spinosaurus' foot imprint "How would you classify it, Billy?" Dad knelt down to see the foot imprint "Well...it's a super-predator. A Suchomimus, that snout" Billy pulled his hand in front of his nose mimicking the long dinosaur snout.

Dad shook his head "No, think bigger" I smirked Billy had no clue what the dinosaur was "Baryonyx?" he guesses dad shook his head again "Not with that sail" I stood and walked closer to them "Spinosaurus" they both looked up at me shocked and dad looked proud when he nodded.

"I don't remember that on lngen's list" Billy muttered looking at the foot imprint. "It's because it wasn't on their list. And it makes you wonder what else they were up to" Dad sighed and we all looked over to where Paul was struggling to get his backpack on I giggled as he went round in circles trying to get the strap.

"So, Mr. Kirby, tell me. When you climbed K2...did you base camp at 25,000 or 30,000 feet?" Paul looked at Billy like a deer in the headlights "30,000 feet, we were pretty close to the top"

"You were about 1,000 feet above it, actually" Paul looked shocked and wagged his finger "No, that's a common mistake" Dad sighed in annoyance "Mr Kirby there's no such thing as Kirby Enterprises, is there?"

"It's Kirby Paint and Tile Plus. The "Plus" stands for bathroom fixtures. We're in the Westgate Shopping Centre, Enid, Oklahoma—" Paul started babbling obviously trying to get himself out of the lies they had told.

"I don't suppose that cheque you wrote us is any good" Dad took off his coat and scrunched it up in anger "I will pay you the money I owe you" Paul babbled again "This is good. Here we are, in the worst place in the world, and we're not being paid!" I frowned at my dad "I wasn't getting paid anyway"

/*/

"Eric!" I jumped hearing Amanda shout behind us causing dad to turn to her angrily "Quiet" I smirked hearing the Kirby's argue behind us they were like 2 children who both can't get their own way "If we split up, I'm going with you guys" I laughed at Udesky who looked very serious.

Walking into a clearing I saw what looked like a parachute hanging from a very tall tree running up to the tree the Kirby's start shouting again "Mrs. Kirby! Mrs. Kirby!" dad put his hands up motioning for the Kirby's to be quiet "Eric!" I rolled my eyes why hire an expert if you're not going to listen to them.

"Mrs. Kirby, the chances are remote they're still in the vicinity" I nodded agreeing with my dad they would be stupid to stay here in the open. "Young adult" I looked over to Paul who was holding a red life jacket.

"Hey, guys!" We all ran to where Udesky was calling from to see him holding a video camera in his hands "That's my camera." Amanda took the camera from Udesky and tried to turn it on "The battery's dead" Udesky opened his torch "I've got an idea.
Let me have the camera"

"Where were you on that one, Ma?" I looked up hearing a boy's voice and stood next to Amanda when the camera came to life we watched all the footage from the morning they disappeared and their crash "He's alive. I know he's alive. We're gonna find him"

I turned back to see my dad and Billy looking at the parachute "Can you fly one of those?" Billy looked up in consideration "Maybe as long as the sail is not torn"

"Well, let's take it. If we spot a plane, it might be a good way to get attention" I stood back and let dad and Billy pull at the parachute "Pull it over this way" suddenly a skeleton swung towards me and I jumped out of the way causing it to smack into Amanda.

Screaming Amanda struggled to get out of the tangled parachute "I got it, hold on! Okay. Okay" Paul grabbed the strings and pulled them away from his ex wife who was still screaming "Okay, you're free" Amanda shivered in disgust and ran into the thick jungle.

"Get her back, Mr. Kirby!" Dad hollered causing Paul to run into the jungle after Amanda. I looked at the skeleton in disgust but I also felt glad that it wasn't the Kirby's son Eric.

"Dr. Grant!" All of our heads shot up "You should come look at this" I followed dad to where the Kirby's were and gasped seeing dozens of nests with dinosaur eggs in them.

Dad knelt down to observe the eggs before jumping up and looking at me "Raptor" my eyes widen in fear this means there are living raptors on this island and worse they're mating.

Leaving the nests, we walk away trying to get as far away from the nests as possible I definitely don't want to meet mama raptor. "We're going to find him. Are you listening to me? We're going to find him" I heard Paul promise Amanda "Kid's got resources. Remember what it was like to try to ground him?"

I smirked and turned to ask Paul to elaborate but noticed Billy was gone "Uh dad, Where's Billy?" Dad turned quickly and I followed him back to find Billy "What are you doing?" I sighed in relief Billy was fine "I was photographing the nest"

Dad laughed and patted Billy's shoulder "Don't do that again." Billy smiled at him tensely "I'm sorry" Dad leaned in close to Billy and muttered "If I lose you, it's just me, Haley and the damn tourists" I looked at Billy suspiciously he looks like he's up to no good...

" Billy smiled at him tensely "I'm sorry" Dad leaned in close to Billy and muttered "If I lose you, it's just me, Haley and the damn tourists" I looked at Billy suspiciously he looks like he's up to no good