We Haven't Landed Yet!

I sighed standing in front of a small plane and turned to see the Kirby's talking to a group of people quietly almost suspiciously I raised my eyebrow but didn't think more of it they couldn't be planning a lot on a plane ride. A small nearly balding man came over a open the door for us to board the plane

"Hi I'm Udesky and this is Nash we'll be flying the plane today" I nodded and walked into the plane whilst Dad and Billy made small talk.

I took my back pack off and sat on a window seat I watched as a tall man dressed all in black entered the plane and sat right at the back without looking or talking to anyone rude he didn't look like the type to like dinosaurs but then again neither did the Kirby's.

The captain did all the checks before telling us to put on our seat belts ready for take off I breathed a little rougher as we were moving faster down the runway and felt my dad grab my hand, I looked at him with a shaky smile I wasn't scared of flying I was scared of the taking off part so I closed my eyes tightly and held my breath until we were in the air.

I turned to behind me to see Billy cleaning his camera lenses before putting them back into his ragged looking case, dad chuckled by the side of me "Even with what I pay you, you could get a better bag"

Billy shook his head smiling like a Cheshire cat "No way. This is lucky. Couple years ago some buddies and I went hang gliding off these cliffs in New Zealand. Updraft sent me right into the side. BOOM!" I jumped when Billy shouted and rolled my eyes at his dramatics

"That does sound lucky" Dad agreed halfheartedly and I think Billy knew this "It was this strap alone that saved my life. Got caught on a rock as I was falling." he said showing us a dirty torn strap, it went quiet before Billy cleared his throat Listen Alan, I really appreciate you bringing me along".

Dad sighed and looked out of the window "The bones will be there when we get back. That's the nice thing about them. They never run away. And besides, you got me into this. I don't intend to be alone with these people".

I smirked and looked to the front where the Kirby's were sat looking very nervous there was something off about these two but I couldn't put my finger on it I turned to dad to see what he thought but he had his hat over his eyes obviously ready for a nap.

"So how do you know the Kirby's?" I turned around to see Billy looking at the tall man who was now wearing sunglasses so dark you can't tell whether he's staring at you or fast asleep. He din't answer. Did he even hear?

"Through our church" church really? He didn't look religious at all "What Religion?" I asked getting more suspicious "Uh...the one that worships God and believes in being Good" he answered cooly, I snickered in disbelief "Right"

I opened my rucksack and took out my drawing pad and pencils and decided to draw until we got there after an hour of so I noticed my dad jumping a little nightmares I sighed a shook my head he had been having nightmares since Isla Nublar, hell we all have.

After a few more minutes Billy nudges me and nodded to the window where I could see us getting closer to the island Billy moved to wake dad up, he looked up at Billy disoriented

"Alan. We're almost there" I looked out of the window again but clouds were obscuring my view I was just about to give up when the clouds moved and I could see Isla Sorna,the plane descend sharply to the island.

I looked around to see dad, Billy, Paul and Amanda look out the windows at the amazingly green island. The plane now descending to a hundred feet above the treetops.

Billy looks to Dad smiling like kid in a candy store "Admit it. You're excited" Dad looked at him with a look of mixed emotions but didn't say a thing "No Billy he isn't excited about this he never will be again" I told him sadly knowing what impact the first island had on us.