Ride Or Die

Standing by dad who was back on the boat along with Amanda and Paul I looked at the newly cleaned satellite phone, it bleeped and the battery indicator was flashing "Whatever you do, don't call the U.S. Embassy. They won't do a God Damn thing" Smirking I looked over to Eric who was stood at the edge of the stationary boat.

Well, we don't exactly have a Costa Rican phone book here, so it will have to be somebody we know in the states. Someone we can absolutely count on to send help" Nodding distracted I walked over to Eric.

"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly as he looked at me uneasy "I'm not sure" frowning I looked at the water in front of us and leaned my hair closer when I saw something move.

"What's that?" Eric called out pointing to the water, the adults looked at water dismissively they were too busy talking "You saw it right?" Eric whispered to me as the adults took a closer look at the water.

Nodding I turn back to the murky water as a fish jumps out of the water and then a few more jumped "Bonitas" dad muttered to us looking back at the satellite phone "Something must've scared them" Eric called out to the adults who just ignored us.

I looked up when the thunder began to get closer and louder "Get the motor going" Dad told Paul who nodded and began trying to start the boats motor again. Paul moves the motor and pulls the start cord, the engine sputters but won't come to life.

The phone beeps again the battery is getting even weaker, dad starts pressing some buttons on it a puts it to his ear "Who are you calling?" Amanda asks looking at my dad who just waves her off "Pick up! Pick up!" he mutters pacing.

Me and Eric watch as dad smiles before frowning "I wonder who he's calling" Eric says to me as we sit on the edge of the boat, shrugging I watched dad frowning "Charlie? Charlie. Get your mother. Right away!" Dad shouts as nicely as he could into the phone.

Eric looks at me confused when I stood "Whose Charlie?" I looked at him before turning back to my dad "My little brother" my dad was beginning to get more and more frustrated "Charlie? Are you there?" my face lit up in realization "He's trying to call my mom!"

The satellite phone beeps again getting louder as the phone battery gets weaker, walking closer to my dad I watch in hope with Amanda and Eric this phone call may be our last chance.

I laughed a little "What?" Amanda asked confused, brushing my wet hair aside I laughed then cried a few tears "My fate lays with a my 3 year old brother who is probably watching Barney right now" Eric smiles at me before realizing I'm crying "I may never see him again"

Putting my head into his neck I cried as Eric pulled me closer to him in comfort "We're going to be fine and this time tomorrow you and Charlie can watch Barney together" spluttering a laugh I wipe away my tears and smile at Eric "Thanks"

"Charlie! Go get mommy, okay? It's the dinosaur man and Haley, you remember Haley!" looking back at my dad he's getting more desperate and I realized Charlie won't recognize his voice.

Dad pulls the phone back from his ear and looks at it confused "Damn" he started to redial a number when something hits into the boat Grant realizes he's been cut off. He's about to redial when something hits into the boat.

Being thrown to the floor I watch as the satellite phone falls to the floor I go to grab it when the Spinosaurus rises from the water, towering over the boat. As lightning hit and thunder booms the dinosaur lets out an ear- splitting roar.

-

Ellie laughs as she's pulled by her son "What is it sweetie?" Charlie pulls her to the phone. Picking up the house phone Ellie puts it to her ear but frowns when she hears a dial tone.

Looking down at her toddler confused she held up the phone "Was somebody on the phone?" Charlie nodded happily "Dinosaur man and Hawey" Ellie smiles until she remembers Haley had told her about the plane trip to Isla Sorna.

Ellie looked down at the phone and then the caller ID, It's international, and not a number she recognizes. Ellie looks down at her son who bares his teeth at her and makes claws with his hands pretending to be a dinosaur.

When he grows at her Ellie gasps in realization "Oh god" she breathes before picking up the phone and dialing the number "Pick up Haley, I am going to kill Alan" she mutters anxiously waiting for someone to answer.

"mom!" Ellie eyes widened when she heard her only daughter screaming like she was in trouble "Haley!" Ellie listened she cried as she heard he daughter screaming and struggling it sounding like she was drowning.

"Baby! Haley!" Ellie screamed into phone again before gasping when she heard the roar of a Spinosaurus "Oh God Haley, Alan!" the second roar sounds closer and louder then Ellie heard the unmistakable sound of her daughter screaming before the phone cuts off.

Ellie sobs as she pulls the phone to her, looking at Charlie he smiles obliviously and roars again, Ellie stands determined and dials a number on her phone "I've got an emergency..."

-

I screamed again as the Spinosaurus roared making me drop the now dead satellite phone "Dad!" I shouted as I tried to keep myself above water, we were all stuck in the cage which had toppled over into the river.

The Spinosaurus stood above us roaring as it tried to get into the cage which had now sunk beneath the water, looking at everyone I watched as Paul swam out the cage before the cage hit the bottom of the river with the cage door at the bottom. We were now trapped.

Looking at the others with fear we swam up and took a few breaths of air before swimming back down when the Spinosaurus turned to us again. Pushing myself into the bars I watched as I caught Amanda shirt scratching her, pulling her back to me the Spinosaurus's claw caught the cage making it turn which made the door open again.

Nearly out of breath we all swam out of the cage and on to the shore as we watched as Paul stood on top of a crane and the Spinosaurus attacking it, I looked to my right and saw my dad aim with a flare gun and pull the trigger.

Watching as the flare hit the crane it exploded and hit the Spinosaurus who roared in pain as it got burned, looking at the crane it was completely covered in flames. Looking around Paul was nowhere in site, hugging myself to my dad I watched as Amanda and Eric search for him or at least his body.

"Dad! Dad!" Eric called looking around "Paul! you jerk! You can't leave me like this!" Amanda sobbed as she fell to her knees in the water "I'm not going anywhere!" we all looked up in disbelief as Paul stood on the shore unharmed, Amanda and Eric threw themselves at Paul who happily accepted their affection.

Smiling I pushed myself closer to my dad who chuckled and held me just as close "I hope mom understood" I whispered to him as he nodded at me seriously. Sighing I watched the newly reformed family hug and cry, I wanted my family too.