Chapter 7

The place that Jacob was so eager to take her to was a local fight club he had started frequenting not too long ago. Apparently, in his efforts to stay out of serious trouble, Jacob had taken it upon himself to find an outlet. Samantha couldn't exactly say she was surprised; Jacob wasn't one to sit still, much less not want to fight someone. Was this truly an appropriate place to bring her though?

The bouncer greeted Jacob with a nod before looking at her questioningly. She must not blend in here, kinda like she doesn't fit in anywhere in London. He looked her up and down before glancing at Jacob.

"My 'sponsor'." He told the bouncer with a wink, earning a small grin from the man. Whether or not he believed him or realized Jacob was kidding, the man let them into the club without further delay.

"Sponsor, really?" She asked, feeling rather small compared to all the men in the place. The few women present were mainly prostitutes or probably mistresses, it wasn't really easy to distinguish the two types. She certainly stood out with her assassin's uniform compared to the skimpy dresses and lack of clothing of the women in there.

"Relax love, we're here to have a good time." He told her with a cheeky grin, seating her at a small table. "Now, I shall sign up for the next round and then we can share a quick pint while we wait."

"Pint?" She questioned before noticing that Jacob had already left. She was left all by herself in a building full of men with disgusting intents. "That man, is it so hard to take me with him?"

֎

Zenin and Henry, watching from neighboring buildings, had noticed that the people around the Starrick house seemed to be in mourning, their heads were held down and they seemed to move about quite solemnly. It was rather alarming for the two assassins.

"What happened?" Zenin asked curiously, "Someone die?"

"Without a doubt." Henry pulled Zenin away from where they were observing the house and drug her behind a chimney. "Look, it's Ms. Thorne."

Zenin poked her head out from behind the brick chimney, she did see a woman step out of a carriage with quite an attitude. She nodded her head toward one of the men and the man hurried off into the manor with Ms. Thorne following. "This can't be good, any clue what could have happened?"

"I say it has to do with Jacob, he must have killed another Templar." Henry guessed although, he didn't sound that convinced. "They didn't do this with the other Templars he killed though. What makes this one any different?"

"There's only one way to find out." Zenin took off toward the manor, with everyone depressed and in mourning, it wasn't hard for her to sneak into the gardens. She quickly searched for a way inside the building, there wasn't a door unlocked or a window that was open it seemed. She was almost about to give up when she heard a gunshot from the second floor.

"I TOLD YOU," she heard from one of the rooms, "NOT TO DISTURB ME!"

Looking up at where the sound came from, Zenin finally saw two windows left wide open. One clearly showed where Starrick was seated at a piano while the other looked like it a part of a neighboring room. "Bingo."

Zenin hopped up to the second window and situated herself into the room so that she could eavesdrop on the conversation between the two Templars. She had missed something already but, no doubt it wasn't much.

"Pearl would not want justice." she heard Ms. Thorne say to the Grandmaster. "Pearl would want vengeance."

"Pearl?" Zenin softly whispered the name, other than obviously being a Templar, who was this Pearl?