Chapter 18

Time flew by rather fast to Samantha and her friends; it took her and Zenin almost a month to realize they were actively participating in street fights with Jacob and besting these criminal in combat. They made quite a duo when they fought together, always fighting back to back when against many. Eventually, citizens started calling them the Deadly Sisters and many Blighters grew to fear them. Zenin wore the name proudly while Samantha usually would walk away and roll her eyes. Over time Samantha was discovered to be quite talented in hand to hand combat and wielding her hidden blade; Zenin was quicker and relied more on her custom cane scythe(as Samantha called it).

The two mostly assisted with Jacob's conquest to claim all of London under the Rooks and often were by his side during confrontations. Only once did they fight against a boss alone and that was because the crazy bitch wanted to take them,hostage. Jacob and Evie did come to their aid but, they showed up just seconds after the duo killed the bitch by Zenin slashing her leg open and Samantha smashing her blade into the woman's heart. Never had they seen the twins look at them with such awe and pride.

Jackie and Christina worked together at the brothel; Christina would gather information and Jackie would poison her clients so that no one could find out about their visits. It was easy enough and Jackie managed the brothel's accounts very well. They made a good partnership as well, although understandably not receiving as much recognition for it given the circumstances.

Still, despite all the hardships they had been through, the girls hardly thought back to their old world. They grew so accustomed to this world, to the chaos and madness, that it felt unthinkable to remember a time and place that was so different. It almost was like they belong in this world as opposed to their own. Hell, they stopped wondering how long they had been here and accepted it as their home.

"You're thinking again."

Samantha jumped and looked up to see Jacob leaning against the wall. The two of them had gotten closer over the month and they had taken a liking to the privacy of Henry's shop. They both disliked being peered at by Zenin or Jackie(who had finally grown to tolerate the British man) and the Rooks were no better. Adam still was among them and, although he kept his distance from the Assassins, he would often stare intently at Samantha and Jacob. Because of this, they began to meet at the shop.

"And what, if I may ask, are you thinking about?" He asked as he approached the small table she was sitting at.

Samantha smiled and shook her head, "It's nothing. How's the outside world?"

Jacob laughed and placed his hands on her shoulder, "Fabulous, as you like to say. We've done it."

She smiled brighter and stood up so she could face him. "Done it? You mean London is free?"

"Not exactly but," he grasped her hands and proudly stated that all of the Blighter had finally been reduced to nothing. "All we have left to do is kill Starrick."

"Wow, already huh?" She laughed, "So, what's the plan then?"

He nudged his head toward the door, "Henry's got a plan, we need to get back by nightfall."

She looked over toward the window and laughed, "It's still noon, so then you can help me with some errands!"

Jacob groaned, every time he tried to move them forward she always found a way to keep them in the same spot. He barely started getting her to agree to his occasional kisses. "Woman!"

"I told you already." She smacked his arm and scowled, "I will not let you touch me that way until I say so! And I'm not saying so for a long while so, just give up."

He grumbled to himself as he followed her out of the shop and toward the direction in which the market should be. It's not like he didn't like the fact that she had standards and boundaries, it was just that she kept shutting him down at every turn. Kind of frustrating for him, a man who was used to women, and the occasional man, bending to his charms. If it was for the fact that Samantha was extremely stubborn and that Jackie would have his balls hacked off, he would have been more persistent.