Chapter 15

The sun was slowly setting when Jacob and Zenin arrived at the Music hall, people were bustling around with excitement and wearing masquerade masks. There were lights strung about the courtyard and everyone seemed like they were having just a jolly good time. Despite being across from the place, they could see everything. Zenin looked around in confusion before staring up at Jacob.

"Is there some sort of memo we missed here?" She sarcastically asked, "Looks like they're gearing up for a fancy night."

Jacob didn't reply, he merely motioned for her to follow him through the crowd. "This is his tactic, he knew we would come."

"So a masquerade would be the best way for him to hide from us while not hiding at all." Zenin concluded with a rather impressed nod, "If he wasn't such a crazy bastard, I'd think he was a genius."

Jacob shook his head, "No, it is genius and dangerous." Jacob took her to the entryway of the music hall and listened closely to what the female usher was telling the guests. "Seems we are in need of masks."

"And how do you propose we get a pair?" She asked looking around, "Not many of the Blighters here are wearing any."

Jacob also glanced about; she was right about the Blighters as they weren't wearing masks. He only managed to spy two with masks. One female and one male. "To the left, there's one for you. Mine is on the right."

"W-Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Zenin stuttered nervously as Jacob handed her a small knife. "Y-You mean I-I have to..."

"It's one quick move Zenin." He told her with a stern look, "look the other way if you have to, but aim to kill."

Zenin looked at the knife and shook her head, "I don't want to kill anyone!"

"Do it for Samantha!" He hissed in a whisper, pushing the knife toward her. He was not going to put up with this, no matter how understandable her reaction. "Her life is on the line!"

Zenin looked at him and then back at the knife. She didn't want to kill anyone, she really didn't, however, her friend's life was at risk and she was the one who insisted on learning the ways of the Assassins. Reluctantly, she nodded her head and took the small knife. "Okay.."

"Look over their shoulder." He urged softly, "Don't be suspicious. Meet me back here once you're done."

She nodded again and went off to hunt down the female Blighter for her mask. Jacob watched her go for a second before heading off to fetch his mask. For him, the task was easy as his target wasn't even paying attention to what was happening. The young man died quickly and the metallic mask was now in his possession. He turned back to the courtyard and waited only a few minutes before Zenin return; she had her head down and the dark mask was secured on her face.

"Good." He said as he gently pulled her toward the masked line, "Make no sound, it's not over yet."

They headed toward the Usher and the line, so long as they kept their masks on they would be fine. Blighters would no doubt be inside, waiting for them to strike. The Usher soon led the small group of guests inside to the main door of the Music hall before turning around and asking if they were ready.

"Then let's proceed." She opened the doors, allowing the group to enter silently. Jacob and Zenin entered, by this point Zenin managed to swallow back her discomfort and look forward to the impending chaos that was about to unfold. No doubt she would have to kill someone again soon, may as well get over it.

As they entered the lobby of the Music hall, they heard Roth call to the people. "Madames et Messieurs. Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the Alhambra Music Hall!"