Chapter 1.

"I'm dying."

It's not so easy to say to say is it? No, not so much.

"I don't have much time to live." Though is better.

I'm an 18 year old girl, people call me Maisie, but that's because it's my name. And I have one year to live.

I'm nothing special. I don't think that I deserve to live more than anyone else. I think everyone deserves to live just as much.

I recently found out, that I'm diagnosed with cancer, and it's too late for treatment. My doctor said I could try. But I had a year to live. And I didn't plan on spending it on treatments, and feeling bad about myself that I'm gonna die.

I wanted to make the best of it. To do all the things that I never did, and not gonna have the chance to do.

"Sweety, you ready?" My mom peaked in.

"Yeah. I'll be right down." I said.

I was in my room making a list of things I wanted to do. I put the piece of paper in my bag and went downstairs. My mom is handling the fact that I'm sick. Not well, but she says she's fine, although I know that she cries herself to sleep every night. It's not easy to lose a daughter. I get it. It's not easy to lose anyone you love.

Today's the first day I'm going back to school after finding out that I'm sick. My best friend Grace already knows, and she's been so cool about it, she doesn't make me feel like I'm sick, when I'm with her, I forget about it completely, not like my parents who constantly ask me if I'm okay. But I get their concern. They just want to make sure that I stick around for the year that they've been promised with me.

"Do you need me to pick you up after school?" My mother asked as I closed the door of the car after getting out.

"No, Grace will give me a ride." I said and waved goodbye to her as she said okay and pulled away.

I made my way to my locker and took out my list. There was only one thing written on it that I have never done, and I wanted to do it.

Live.

I've spent my years trying to be a perfect student, get straight A's, to get in a good college. For what? I'm not gonna go to college. I'm not even gonna make it to graduation. I'm not even gonna get to wear a gown.

My advice to you, live day by day. You never what will happen.nYou don't want to end up like me. I spent my 18 years working so hard, so that at the end I can go to a perfect college, but it turns out, I'm not gonna. So what's the point? No one knows what will happen at the end. So just, have fun. That's what life's supposed to be about. Having fun.

"Hey there sicko." Grace said opening her locker which was next to mine.

See that's what I love about her. Even though she just joked about me being sick, it didn't affect me, I don't get offended by her. She actually makes me feel better, because she jokes about it.

We have been best friends since the second grade, when she moved here. Her house is a few blocks away from mine. And ever since then. We've been inseparable.

"What's that?" She asked looking at the paper.

"My list of things to do before, you know, I die."

She took the paper from me.

"Live? Wow! That is deep." She said sarcastically.

"Ha-ha. That is very funny." I said snatching the paper from her and throwing it in my locker.

We started walking down the hall, towards our class.

"So what is it that you want to do?" Grace asked.

"Well, you know, I've spent my entire life studying to get perfect grades for college and stuff, and I've missed on things." I said.

"Like?!"

I paused for a moment thinking of an example.

"Huh. Now that I think about it, there's only one thing, I haven't done, besides going to parties and being a total cliche teenager." I said.

"And that is?" She asked taking her seat in our English class.

I sat down next to her, placing my bag down.

"I have never had a boyfriend."

***********

Don't be a silent reader.

Vote, Comment, Follow :)