Chapter 2.

"Patrick Maile?"

"No he's too caring. He'll probably cry if he finds out I'm sick, I don't need that."

"How about Joe Stewart?" Grace asked.

"No." I said shaking my head.

"Then who Maise?! We've been through all the names. We're all out of guys. I literally just read to you every guy's name in this school." She said.

We were looking for a candidate to hire as my boyfriend. Don't get me wrong it's not what it sounds like. Remember how I said I wanted to do the things I never did, before I die? Yeah, well I never had a boyfriend and I want to before it's too late.

And the distraction will be good to me too. It'll get my mind off the time I have left here.

But no one seemed right for the position. And i was even willing to pay big money. My family is rich, so they'll do anything I want, especially now.

"Maisie!" Grace said interrupting my thoughts.

"Not everyone's." I said suddenly remembering someone who could be just perfect for the role.

I grabbed my stuff and went on looking for him. Finally,my eyes landed on the person I was looking for.

Leaning against his locker, talking to his friends was the school's popular bad boy.

Ashton Holmes.

"Ashton, hey." I said.

He and his friends turned their heads towards me and gave me a look saying 'like why are you talking to us?'

Ashton has been with almost every girl in the school. He's a manwhore if you want me to be specific. He has no feelings whatsoever, never cared about anyone but himself, and he has never been serious about any girl, he actually hasn't been with a girl for more than two days. Which makes him perfect for the part. And, I happen to know that he's having financial troubles.

"Yeah Morgan?" He said with his signature smirk.

"I need to talk to you outside for a sec. Please." I said.

"And what about?" He said looking at his friends and arguing with himself whether he should go or stay with them.

"Come on Holmes I'm sure your friends can manage without you for a few minutes."

"Fine." He sighed. "I'll be right back guys." He said and followed me out.

"What do you want?"

"I'm good thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Cut to the chase Morgan."

"Stop calling me Morgan, I have a first name."

"I'll stop calling you Morgan when you stop calling me Holmes."

"Fair enough." I said.

"So?"

"I have a proposition for you."

"Oh?" He smiled.

"I want you to be my boyfriend for a year."

He stared at me in confusion for a second then he burst out laughing.

"You're not serious, are you?"

"I'm dead serious." I said with a plain face.

"Why?" He asked.

And I didn't hesitate to answer.

"Because I'm dying."

The smile he had on his face quickly faded and got replaced with guilt. His eyes widened and he swallowed hard.